How are the dogs doing

new to the flock

advice I got was one hunred percent spot on.Cass (choc lab pup,now 6 months old) did have a bladder infection.she has just finished a course of antibiotics and is now totally house trained.wont attempt to spell what it was but she had it bad and was peeing for england.recall and everything else has just slotted into place.have eased off the training.wont hesitate to ask this again shoul i have any more problems.many thanks for getting the wife off my case ! ! :rolleyes:

Me and my mate have been shooting pigeons and throwing them into the burns similar to what you suggested and we are defenitely noticing a change. The dog is still not perfect but with practise and the fact that its a young dog I think it will conquer its fear. Thanks again for your expert advise. :rolleyes::D

Hi NTTF

Used a frozen cock bird for the first time today, threw a few dummies and then the bird, the lad picked it without hesitation and delivered nicely to hand, he had a very gental hold on it too! I gave him a total of four frozen bird retrieves with one or two dummies in between, I was very pleased to see there was no hesitation with picking a frozen bird and he was very eager to return it quickly. I will continue with your advice over the next 2 weeks and let you know how he is doing!

Went roost shooting last night without a dog, felt very strange! Didn't want to take the dog because of starting his training plan and the little springer bitch has come in to season. Anyway didn't need a dog in the end only had three shots (2 kills) but still felt very strange not having a dog with me!

Thanks again for the advice!

Cheers :huh:

Hi NTTF,

I'll second all the above, your advice was spot on, I backed off on the dummy retrieves to one or two a session, and he's come on in leaps and bounds. He's now coming strainght in to me after retreiving the dummy every time. I still keep it short and sweet, mixing in with our daily walks. I can see a change in him in that

he's actually enjoying it now !

As you say, keep it fun ! It really works.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.