Flir thermal camera / surveys etc

vampire

As title, bought a flir thermal camera that connects to bottom of I phone,been really good for construction surveys,just back from survey on leak in bathroom that's got me insurance job to replace entire suite plus damage to hall and they want an extension.

Used in the house to point out bad loft insulation,traced wires in wall,found fault with soakaway creating damp in corner of dining room,finds dog poo in the dark :sick:

Hot spots on the dogs,cold round windows and loads more silly stuff :yes:

Not tried it out in the field but played in garden tracking the dogs etc,would come in real handy finding recent shot dead quarry like pigeons in the crops or rabbits when lamping,if you haven't got a dog to find it for you this camera 100% would.

Brilliant bit of kit,well pleased and recommended.

Edited by vampire

Thanks for that was thinking of getting one but didn't think it would be any good.

It definitely does what it says on their blurb at under £200 that's good.

How far could you spot a dog? or fox?

Don't know I have only used it when outside in my garden which is third of an acre and can recognise which dog it is,if I remember I will take it out next week and see how far it will see.

I'm a heating engineer and stumbled across the cat s60 smart phone with flir thermal imaging built in all I can say is its a great bit of kit waterproof up to 5 metres and iv tested that. Dual SIM card so can have 2 Sims one phone good for work/ personal honestly best phone iv ever owned. Thermal will pick out the dog at 30 m depending on where it is. Its not so good in day light but night time it's brilliant.

Hi Vamp

I am interested in this also as have been considering a Flir scout 640 ... could you take some screen shots on your iPhone so we can see the footage at various distances if its not too much trouble.

Thank you

Terry

Terry,will load some pics as soon as I can,but honestly it is same as you see on their advertising and ytube.