Sunday pigeon shoot

Delwint

Good evening gentlemen/women.

First pigeon shoot on a new permission tomorrow. What time would you think it was acceptable to start shooting? It being a Sunday and the fact we will have been set up since first light.

First post guys so be gentle 😉

Thanks

Thanks for you reply JDog, this is all new to me, and I was led to believe that I should set up my hide and lay out the decoys early before they started to come in to feed. But when I have been watching over the last week they are always there really early

Thanks Motty,

The farmers house is bang in the middle of the land and fairly close to where we plan to set up. He has young children and I really don't want to upset him on our first proper visit. Also I was ratting on another property today and the guys who were shooting on the next farm were really loud. I'm just trying to be a considerate gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

:no: What at first light.....As a man who lives in the countryside and Sunday is a restfull day anyway...I DO NOT wish to be awoken at FIRST LIGHT by the sound of gun fire...

Pigeons feed when they want to not as dawn cracks...People who are inconsiderate should not shoot at that time...Look/observe your quarry find the time they feed at the location..IF ALL fails and the crack of dawn is the only time...try using the .22..Be considerate to us "Lazy sleepers in bed" Please ok?...Good hunting and plenty of pigeons in the bag.. :good::good:

@clay shooter. We always set our hide up early or even the day before. Sit and have a coffee and a bit of banter. The hides under a well used flight path, and the pigeons were feeding early and then late. This was a newish permission and I was merely asking the masses what time they though was an acceptable time to start shooting. I decided that 10am was a reasonable time 👍🏼

@clay shooter. We always set our hide up early or even the day before. Sit and have a coffee and a bit of banter. The hides under a well used flight path, and the pigeons were feeding early and then late. This was a newish permission and I was merely asking the masses what time they though was an acceptable time to start shooting. I decided that 10am was a reasonable time

You have been busy, 8th October until 28th February between replies :lol::lol::lol:

First lite with my hushpower 410 can't hear it at 200 yards

if I need to obviously I mainly shoot corvids and the houses are 6-7hundred yards away and I have a silenced 4,10 especially for that field, the 410 is 45db at 100 yards 0db at 300 yards so people in there houses aren't being woke up or disturbed early and only going when its windy helps

Edited by shotgun eddy

• 2 weeks later...