A long long long walk, but a good reward.

JDog

Lately I have been lucky finding flight lines. After half a day's work with a difficult client I needed to get out and about. Lots of fields have been drilled now and driving over them is a no no so it was sod's law that dictated a three field walk to get under a line of pigeons heading into the distance. I could maybe have followed them to find out where they were feeding but that would have been time consuming.

Anyway, armed only with a gun, fifty cartridges and Jasper I set off across drilled fields and got to the line running along a hedge. I started at 2:15 and by 3:15 I had run out of cartridges. It would have been easy to pack up then but I decided to go back to the car for more ammunition and my carrying bag which I never thought I would need.

These pigeons were fantastic and I was pleased with my decision to return to the car. The extra seventy five cartridges were used up within an hour and a half. There was no way I could have made just the one journey back to the car so three fields it was three more times, the last time with only one item to carry, a bag full of pigeons which just about killed me.

DSC07434_zpsvfbh65vf.jpg