ATA Neo Semi Auto

Fuji Shooter

If your buying these cheap semi autos ok nothing wrong with them, But to be fair i would go for one of two at the moment ANY HATSAN< and Armsans , these seem ok for parts edgars for all thir faults are good at carying parts and helping customers that way, so Hatsan are a safe option,. Now armsan AFAIK are imported by Viking arms again good for parts so your going to be able to repair it down the road a year or two.

Its not the gun as such but if you cant get bits its a Broken down gun or a lot of hastle to put right yourself. I saw a near mint Webley get scrapped because could not get a part for it, as webley and scott just recreated itself and disowned the whole semi auto line from AKAR who made them for them.

I just bought two Hatsan extremes for two of my lads 295 each cheap and you can get anything you want for them.

I used mine on geese last season with 3 inch 36 gramme steel recoil wasn't too bad at all ,obviously gas operated are slightly softer,I believe you can try before you buy at the gunshop in Broadway also there is one advertised on Guntrader for 499 pounds,hope this helps.

Good call, I will pop into Broadway and have a look at his then.

dont knock ata untill you read its history,the guy that owns it had another gunmaking plant in turkey beretta bought shares in it,then later bought the guy out,he then set up the ata factory,so all you beretta lovers beware all them beretta parts made in that factory in turkey.and i dont have an ata shotgun but do have an armsan a620 which i rate highly.

I also have an ATA Neo in walnut, I have had no problems with it, cycles excellent not one jam as of yet after a good few hundred through 70mm 28g. It comes with all 5 size chokes and a nice fitting kit for making a number of adjustments to the stock fitting. Kick is of no relevance and the action is smooth. Strip and clean is a doddle as well.

IMG_20161012_103704080_HDR_zpsrg7rcbpv.j

Edited by jeddy11

dont knock ata untill you read its history,the guy that owns it had another gunmaking plant in turkey beretta bought shares in it,then later bought the guy out,he then set up the ata factory,so all you beretta lovers beware all them beretta parts made in that factory in turkey.and i dont have an ata shotgun but do have an armsan a620 which i rate highly.

Not all but some a 300 outlander barrel are acctualy marked Made in Turkey. ;)

Not saying thats a bad thing but its not italy.

Anyway apart from the wife who is italian and a few motorbikes whats so great about made in italy ? I had a Fiat 124 1600 twin cam as a lad in the late 1970s was fast but at 5 years old it was rotten as a pear. :no: