Supermarket misleading labelling

Doc Holliday

This isnt new news, it's been going for years and all the majors are at in, including Aldi and Lidl. If you go back to 2008 for example and the Tesco introduction of the Discounter ranges, all those "brands" were designed to look and sound/seem similar to the true branded product but at less cost, but were in fact all own brands. The only way to check is to look at the back of the pack to see who the registered manufacturer/distributor is. Even that is foolproof though as they can be labelled as coming from a subsidiary of the retailer that sounds nothing like the retail you are purchasing from. It all comes down to the old adage of you get what you pay for.

And yes, a lot of own brand products come from the same factory as the branded product, but there are some exceptions.

AB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about the scandal last week where 15 migrants were found in an Aunt Bessies freezer lorry that had come over from the continent. Aunt Bessie has been rumbled! She's not British. I'm never buying her Yorkshire puddings again. From now on I'm a Grandma Batty's man!

Shame on you anyway, for buying 'Yorkshire puddings', and not making your own proper ones! :ninja:

Of course the Aunt Bessie lorry might have been returning empty, having just delivered a load of (not really) Yorkshire puddings, to those expats that aren't able to make their own... :lol:

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

I open the browser on my phone at a certain search engine and type in ‘Tesco Willow Farm’. Lo & behold if the results don’t lay claim that ‘Willow Farm’ is an entirely ficticious place to make this range more appealing. [/size]

I knew that name rang a bell. "Willow Farm" is a ficticious place in a Genesis (proper - Peter Gabriel - Genesis) song from the seventies.