25 replies to this topic

#21 UKPoacher

UKPoacher
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4365 posts
  • Joined 12-November 09

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

You can go down past the Owlerton Greyhound Stadium, continue past Hillsborough College and park down near the bridge. Or go into the industrial estate directly opposite the football stadium on Penistone Rd, go down Park Springs Rd and you will see a public footpath sign that points towards the river down a path lined with chain link fencing.

You can also access the river along Beeley Wood Rd by going past the old UCAR site, parking at the weir and then walking back along the river bank.

#22 frankydiver

frankydiver
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 10-January 09

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

Thanks

#23 hoggysreels

hoggysreels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1794 posts
  • Joined 28-November 11

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

I've had Grayling and Brown trout out of the River Test. It was on a private section "Mill Lane bridge to Rivermead Close" .. Brown trout to 4lb 8ozs. I've also had Grayling out of other southern downs chalk streams but their name escapes me .. all on flies. I'm a boat angler and only fished the River Test via kind invitation of my wife's relation who is an Angling journalist.

#24 lopylui

lopylui
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 09-November 16

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

Where do you access  the river in Hillsborough?.

Follow the road where Fletchers is untill you come to a small unmarked Road and follow it to the end at a large firm, you can follow the path on eather side of it and follow the river or turn back and fish the wier although the middle has been removed but theres a large wall at your feet that holds plenty.

I have also climbed the small wall just inside the leppings lane end gate and fished there and you can walk down the bridge there too next to the garage on the opposite side of the road.

#25 UKPoacher

UKPoacher
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4365 posts
  • Joined 12-November 09

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

Follow the road where Fletchers is untill you come to a small unmarked Road and follow it to the end at a large firm, you can follow the path on eather side of it and follow the river or turn back and fish the wier although the middle has been removed but theres a large wall at your feet that holds plenty.

I have also climbed the small wall just inside the leppings lane end gate and fished there and you can walk down the bridge there too next to the garage on the opposite side of the road.

Is it still possible to access the stretch along Club Mill Rd at the back of the old Fairfield Pub site? That used to have some nice parts suitable for trotting.

#26 lopylui

lopylui
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 09-November 16

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:52 AM

Is it still possible to access the stretch along Club Mill Rd at the back of the old Fairfield Pub site? That used to have some nice parts suitable for trotting.

As far as I know theres a good stretch that can be gotten to, I can see myself having a line in the water before 9!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users