SNP Conference

Flashman

When it comes to the crunch the Scots know what side their bread is buttered and they will vote to stay part of ENGLAND !! Lol !

Just listening to Janette Krankies predecessor now on Question time... he's like a broken record.

Despite the SNP, I would rather Scotland stayed. I have worked with many Scots - spending a fair amount of time in Glasgow - and have a fair number of friends from those parts.

My wife and I spent a few days just outside Edinburgh last week and have to say that the people were very, very hospitable.

I went to Glasgow last year and most of the people there were in hospital !!

What is she wanting to do? Give the unwashed and unemployable a croft at a glen head. Grow a row or two of neeps, a rig of oats and barley to brew your own and a milk cow beside your kale patch. Hey presto! The glens are repopulated and everyone lives happily ever after. I dont think so, much as she hates the rural scene nothing earns as much off the beaten track as grouse shooting and deer stalking.

Blackpowder

What is she wanting to do? Give the unwashed and unemployable a croft at a glen head. Grow a row or two of neeps, a rig of oats and barley to brew your own and a milk cow beside your kale patch. Hey presto! The glens are repopulated and everyone lives happily ever after. I dont think so, much as she hates the rural scene nothing earns as much off the beaten track as grouse shooting and deer stalking.

Blackpowder

While grouse shooting and deer stalking will bring in a bit of money to local areas hotels pubs etc, i bet most are loss making for most of the estates.

U could count the profitable grouse moors in scotland on 1 hand, a few might almost break even most years but most will lose a big heap of money most years.

Be similar on ur classic highland estate by the time u have a full time stalker and all the larder facilites and argos/atvs or ponies to look after all year fro reallly 3-5 months work

Must admit i'm going to stop coming on political threads, but there does seem to be a massive ammount of hypocrisy and pot/kettle balck syndrome. on here.

I'd say xenophobia definately seems to be a 2 way thing on here

Does the snp actually have the legal power to put any of their proposals into operation? When they rock up at the door of the EU, won't the EU just ignore them. I can't see the EU wanting to take a small outfit onboard who from day one will be holding out their hands for money? Won't Teresa may tell kranks the gorilla to stop making a pest of herself and to try to improve the union rather than being distructive.

While grouse shooting and deer stalking will bring in a bit of money to local areas hotels pubs etc, i bet most are loss making for most of the estates.

U could count the profitable grouse moors in scotland on 1 hand, a few might almost break even most years but most will lose a big heap of money most years.

Be similar on ur classic highland estate by the time u have a full time stalker and all the larder facilites and argos/atvs or ponies to look after all year fro reallly 3-5 months work

Must admit i'm going to stop coming on political threads, but there does seem to be a massive ammount of hypocrisy and pot/kettle balck syndrome. on here.

I'd say xenophobia definately seems to be a 2 way thing on here

I'm finding myself in the same boat as you regarding political threads, scotslad. I drop in on PW's Off Topic less and less frequently now because it always seems to be the same old suspects droning on with their same old mix of prejudice and ill-informed comment.

A few leaven the mix by expressing intelligent and reasoned opinions. A few, but they seem to be an increasingly endangered species.

And isn't it remarkable that so much comment - most of it negative - on Scottish affairs comes from correspondents outside that country? What's with them? Are they worried that another piece of pink is going to disappear from their maps of the British Empire? Best send in a gunboat to intimidate and quell those rebellious johnny natives, lads!

Must go. I've got some fallen leaves to sweep up. More interesting than most of your contributions to these threads.

Edited by aldivalloch

I'm finding myself in the same boat as you regarding political threads, scotslad. I drop in on PW's Off Topic less and less frequently now because it always seems to be the same old suspects droning on with their same old mix of prejudice and ill-informed comment.

A few leaven the mix by expressing intelligent and reasoned opinions. A few, but they seem to be an increasingly endangered species.

And isn't it remarkable that so much comment - most of it negative - on Scottish affairs comes from correspondents outside that country? What's with them? Are they worried that another piece of pink is going to disappear from their maps of the British Empire? Best send in a gunboat to intimidate and quell those rebellious johnny natives, lads!

Must go. I've got some fallen leaves to sweep up. More interesting than most of your contributions to these threads.

Reap as you sow. Queen Krankie must expect stick, as she wants to overturn the UK-wide vote whilst picking the pockets of English taxpayers.

PS - we send missionaries nowadays to educate the heathens. Slaughtering savages is so nineteenth century.

Edited by Flashman

Does the snp actually have the legal power to put any of their proposals into operation? When they rock up at the door of the EU, won't the EU just ignore them. I can't see the EU wanting to take a small outfit onboard who from day one will be holding out their hands for money? Won't Teresa may tell kranks the gorilla to stop making a pest of herself and to try to improve the union rather than being distructive.

Basically, you are completely right but the SNP from day one has peddled a vision of the future that is just not achievable. They inflame a belief that people want to think could be possible.