FINNS LAW...

bazzab

Signed.

I never have understood why an animal is or can ever be thought of as a being some ones property they are living creachers and by buying them we are in affect taking on the job of caring for there welfare and if we abuse them we are or should be punished.

I find it hard when you take out pet insurance they say casually what is the replacement cost as if you can just go out and buy a friend or companion no doubt to some of you a dog is just a tool to use until it is of no further use and then it will be killed but that is not or ever will be my way.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed.

I never have understood why an animal is or can ever be thought of as a being some ones property they are living creachers and by buying them we are in affect taking on the job of caring for there welfare and if we abuse them we are or should be punished.

I find it hard when you take out pet insurance they say casually what is the replacement cost as if you can just go out and buy a friend or companion no doubt to some of you a dog is just a tool to use until it is of no further use and then it will be killed but that is not or ever will be my way.

its a bit harsh to assume that you have a certainty that some of "us " will use dogs as a tool then kill them when they are of no use. I have never got that impression of anyone on this forum .

I have always said that anyone who goes out and about to commit crime or commits a crime with ANYTHING which can cause injury or death to another person should get 20yrs.

Give me two minutes and I will also sign.

Worked with some great police dogs in my time and some solid devoted handlers. Our shift dog Toby(West Mids) and his handler, always seemed to be just around the corner whenever a problem arose, appeared from nowhere and things usually quietened down pretty quick. Worth their weight in gold. A quick funny story ..on nights and in for our break at about 1am Eddy and Toby with us. Tobe as he was affectionately known on the shift was sat minding his own business by the door when two inebriated CID members came in and started to poke fun at the dog. Eventually Eddy got fed up with it and just turned around and softly said "Tobe". Tobe sat up from his lying position and every time one of those CID guys went to stand up and leave Tobe showed them a dentists delight of white knashers. I think they were released about 2.30am feeling very stupid. The thing was because we were part of HIS team Tobe allowed us to come and go with just a wag. Superb dog, deserved a Knighthood many times over.

Edited by Walker570

It will not let me sign .. click the link its says..... WHAT LINK? :/

Signed & sent to Mrs SBL and the young SBL's and others.

Walker,the link is in the email they send you, check your emails including the spam folder.

BTW I watch a couple of cop shows, my favourite is the one with the dogs........absolutely incredible.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

its a bit harsh to assume that you have a certainty that some of "us " will use dogs as a tool then kill them when they are of no use. I have never got that impression of anyone on this forum .

Me too in fact quite the opposite, just check the threads from anyone who has lost their pal.

I'm surprised that there were that many people who took the time to sign up for this at that time of night.it must be people on forums like this that have been flagged up to it's existance. I don't know anyone who goes looking on some government website to see what petitions that are being considered that they might support. I hope that this gets the required amount. The problem is that even if it becomes law the sentences that the badies get won't reflect the injuries. Perhaps the dogs need some sort of anti stabbing vest or launch two dogs at the same time to minimise the risk to the dog after all it's the aftermath injury that the dog has to suffer.

Edit.

Afterthought. Consider this. This law is a waste of time like a lot of other laws. If you think it through to It's conclusion It won't help the situation of the dogs getting injured and having to live with the injury or having to be put down because they can't be given to anyone to rehome because of the potential danger to the public. Some sort of anti stab protection is the answer. Better that the crim gets a bit of a mauling by the dog than he gets a concurrent sentence that means nothing but the dog has to live with the consequences.

Edited by fortune