17weeks today?

Phil9

Hiya guys,, sent in my FAC for variation and grant of open/restricted ticket,,,,,,,,,17 WEEKS AGO TODAY😡,,,a lady rang me a week after I'd sent it to ask a few questions etc,, and said it will be about 10-12 weeks turn around👍 ,, week 14 I rang them,, my FEO was out the office but took my name and said I'll check it and get back to you, that was the Monday,, Thursday arrived and still not heard anything,, so I emailed them,,, 1 week later still nothing in reply!!! Managed to get another number,, so rang again, I explained I understand ur busy but a few things.. I have now ran out of ammo for my HMR as I could only hold 200 rounds,, now can't buy any as I have no licence,,I'm getting phone calls from farmers asking me to sort out a few foxs ect but I'm having to explain the situation,, but at the back of my mind worrying I could lose my permissions.,,, going back to the lady at GMP,, she said you'll just have to wait!

What do you guys think,, anybody else in the same situation. Thanks,, phil

This problem appears to be country wide at present and the delay varies from force to force.

My certificate was up for renewal in Jan this year and despite numerous phone calls to my FEO and Kent Police Firearms Dept; they refused to issue a Sect 7 and it was 6 weeks after

expiry that I finally got my promised visit. Having gone through his checks he handed over the new certificate, backdated to the expiry date !!.

Things have only got worse in Kent, as they are now apparently issuing Sect 7s automatically, but warning the holder to expect an 8 to 9 month delay in renewal.

If you are a BASC member, I would speak to them. They were very helpful in my particular case and can lobby on behalf of firearms holders to get this disgraceful situation resolved.

You dont have to wait 9 months to get your passport or driving license renewed, why should the shooting community suffer because dear old plod cannot get their act together.

As of Tuesday I'll have been waiting 16 weeks for my first SGC grant. Had the FEO visit at 8 weeks and still waiting. Based in Somerset, lucky enough that I've been able to gun share with my mate, although not being able to bulk buy carteridges and using a gun that doesn't fit me particularly well isn't ideal. Also seems that Somerset only have an email address they don't answer haven't found any sign of a working phone number

Get on the phone and show them who is boss..let them know in fact tell them in a stern voice that since you have waited so long you won't bother

In Durham I waited 9 months for a renewal

Won't bother what ? Won't bother renewing ?

Couldn't think of a stupider thing to phone up and say if that is the case.

I would only phone them up now to ask for the details of their complaints department and put them in, in writing recorded to the chief constable, the IPCC, BASC and your MP.

As of Tuesday I'll have been waiting 16 weeks for my first SGC grant. Had the FEO visit at 8 weeks and still waiting. Based in Somerset, lucky enough that I've been able to gun share with my mate, although not being able to bulk buy carteridges and using a gun that doesn't fit me particularly well isn't ideal. Also seems that Somerset only have an email address they don't answer haven't found any sign of a working phone number

Firearms.licensing@avonandsomerset.police.uk 01179 455175

I think the time of phoning them is past.

Write to the Chief Constable, your PCC and MP telling them that the service is totally unacceptable and you expect them to do something about it.

^^^ this, as I also said, bypass the phone call to the feo and do this ^^

I've never met Mr T, but we sing from the same hymn.

Get on the phone and show them who is boss..let them know in fact tell them in a stern voice that since you have waited so long you won't bother

In Durham I waited 9 months for a renewal

Yea, that'll help, because you've taken so long I'll just give up my licence??

Just had my renewal at Humberside for SGC.
New format since last time, FEO did a home visit and issued my ticket to me there and then once he had asked a few questions and checked security.

6 weeks.

Could have been sooner as he rang to make an appointment but I had to book a half day to see him so cost me another week.

Edited by Sprackles

:yes: By the time I receive mine I will have lost 9 months of its value use! License fee.....worth every penny? :lol:

This is a real issue I worry about! If you receive it 6 or more months late and they have back dated it, how can they claim you've paid for 5 years ?

Shameful that is and wouldn't stand up in any other 'service'.