Visitors

Glenlivet

We have bird feeders out for the small birds, sunflower hearts, suet pellets and peanuts. Were plagued with squirrels so dealt with the problem with .410. Then discovered a hedgehog cleaning up the bits under the feeders so started putting food out; this then attracted foxes (along with the dead squirrels) so stopped putting the food out. Again spotted a hedgehog so started scattering some of the fat pellets at dark. Tonight just spotted a badger cleaning up the hedgehog stuff.

How the hell do you feed a hedgehog?????

Edited by Glenlivet

You don't there is enough food in your garden for them, slugs, worms etc, it's a myth that you have to put food out for them.

Just enjoy what you have and do not feed everything else.

A small bowl of fresh water is all you need to put out.

Certainly no shortage of slugs. It's probably more about attracting Tiggy to somewhere I can see it to be honest.

i used to put out cat biscuits,and the in the daytime magpies would come for them then i got air rifle out for magpies,but since i got my springer dont do it anymore she,s greedier than any labrador,and weighs 30kg,in spite of watching what she eats.

You don't there is enough food in your garden for them, slugs, worms etc, it's a myth that you have to put food out for them.

Just enjoy what you have and do not feed everything else.

A small bowl of fresh water is all you need to put out.

Slugs are part of the problem and a possible factor in hedgehog demise as it gives them lungworm.