Lambsfoot Pocket knife

figgy

I am looking for a nice lambsfoot pocket knife with a decent blade, i have looked for a few years now and cant seem to find one thats half decent for reasonable money. The A Wright ones i have seen are not the same quality as they should be.

The Trevor Ablett ones now command silly prices.

Any recomendations from the wealth of knowledge on here would be welcome.

I have ordered the Joker 74 from Ronnie Sunshines as a substitute untill i can find what i want.

G.D Troth of Sheffield does all the shows ,but isnt on line because of the Knife laws and stuff .His Lambsfoot knife retails at £6 but b4 anyone decries the price they are quality ,i have 1 for work and 1 for home use .They are well finished ,wood handle and decent steel.atb

G.D Troth of Sheffield does all the shows ,but isnt on line because of the Knife laws and stuff .His Lambsfoot knife retails at £6 but b4 anyone decries the price they are quality ,i have 1 for work and 1 for home use .They are well finished ,wood handle and decent steel.atb

Not sure of the maker... it's been 2-3 years since I last purchased.

But my lambs foot knife cost £6 (+VAT) in an ag. supplies store. I'm a shepherd by trade, and I swear by Lambsfoot knives. Description matches yours, so could be a Troth.

I don't care who makes them, or where you buy - if your paying over £10 your being robbed!

Just make sure it's Sheffield Steel.

I collect a few knives and get a lot from Knifecenter.

They will post to the UK but you'll pay a bit extra for it.

The advantage is they have just about anything you could ever want.

Here's a link to their Stockman style folding knives and I can see a few with lambsfoot blades, or sheepsfoot as they call them.

You just have to be careful not to import anything silly or customs will seize it - automatic knives, switchblades etc etc

Normal pocket knives and lock knives are fine.

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Stockman+Knives&b=Stockman&brand=&country=&steel=&locktype=&style=&min_blade=0&max_blade=50

There is a brochure with this months Sporting Gun from Sporting Cutlery

They have a Lambs Foot Stag folder from A Wright & Son

It's a legal carry 7cm blade, Carbon Steel with a Stag Antler handle with File work on the spine

Priced at £66.95 including free insured delivery

:shaun:

I have an A Wright Lambsfoot rosewood handle knife. Poor fit on the liners to spine, very hard blade that holds a good edge, but expensive for the quality. The £6 from a show cheapy I have has a similar blade but terrible fit and finish.

Had the Wright for years so I can't complain, not sure I would buy another, but doubt I will ever need to unless I loose it!

There is a brochure with this months Sporting Gun from Sporting Cutlery

They have a Lambs Foot Stag folder from A Wright & Son

It's a legal carry 7cm blade, Carbon Steel with a Stag Antler handle with File work on the spine

Priced at £66.95 including free insured delivery

:shaun:

I have the exact same and it's a joy even more so now it's had some use and some patina is building

I looked at lots of A Wright knives and as another poster has stated very poor fit in the liners. Not one had a blade that sat in the middle all were wonky with blades some jammed against one side of the liner that bad the broke your nails trying to open the blade. Very poor for the money,if it looked like that after i had opened paint tins with it it would be expected but not on a brand new knife.

Don't want to pay 60 plus pounds for a pocket knife for game days and rough shooting as i have some expensive knives and tend not to use them so i don't loose them.