Wood Burning Camping Stoves

Fuji Shooter

a caravan!

All seriousness i would not be putting any log/wood or coal burning thing in my awning or tent sounds far too risky and too much hassle. If you do go for it get a carbon monoxide alarm.

I would personally get a gas cadac.

Yes because we all know gas fumes are better for you. :lol::no:

Plenty of other countries use wood stoves in tents and the tents are designed for them with fire proof panels for the flue pipe and a zip out panel in the ground sheet.

There is plenty of info online.

Our awning has no sides just a roof so we are fine.

We currently have one of these which is great for pizzas and food but wanted something which gave off more heat and had a larger chimney.

https://aquaforno.com/

It is not for a caravan it is for our truck.

DSCF1569_zpsh5b8nps6.jpg

Edited by Fuji Shooter

I've slept soundly for many nights in a white highwall tent in Canada and the States, sometimes managing to grab the space next to the Shepherds Stove. These tents have flame proof material for the area around the chimney and worked so well in sub zero temperatures it really did get too hot to sleep. Some of them had water tanks built in so you had hot water for a brew in the morning and for your early wash and brush up. Brilliant.

You can turn gas off!

I was once told by a Police Surgeon that if a person puts a pipe into a car to commit suicide, then the carbon gas will cause the total inability to move and switch off in a very short space of time, even if that person changes their mind. NOTE, that person would not be asleep as would be a person in a tent.

The whitewalls I slept in all had ventilation built in.

Good call M8 has 1 in his man cave "shed" £150 from Springfields in Burton and free fuel.Lotsa odd pallets to chop up from work.

There,s dozen,s for sale on the bay and Ray Mear,s uses,1 in his bell tent thing atb.They kick some good heat out and just leave a kettle on for the endless brews you need when pottering