Transport of powder primers and bullets by TNT

Just spotted this on one of the suppliers websites.

FROM THE GUN TRADE ASSOCIATION 24th OCTOBER 2016

TNT have taken the decision, effective from 14th November 2016, to remove the transport of

Firearms, weapons and ammunition from the TNT network.

This includes firearms, component parts, moderators, ammunition, all powders, primers and missiles.

** Sadly we will be unable to accept orders requiring delivery of powder after Monday the 7th November 2016 **

I've just placed an order for a round or two of ammo, the rfd didn't see there being any big problem getting it sent to him and he will deliver free orders over £75

Not all RFDs are members of the gun trade association so they may not know what is about to happen.

Fister, it looks to be new news as last time all TNT stopped delivering was section 5 ammo, seach old PW posts, now it is everything a different ball game I would say.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to buy my ammunition from local shops. Admittedly i have been known to stock up when near shops that are more competitively priced.

I struggle to understand how when living under ten miles from the factory Hull compx 21g were £30/1000 more than a four hour drive away at my parents local shop. I used to buy 3000 when visiting home so the savings covered the costs of the trip.

its easy go for the test and pass the adr then u can run all over the country like me and carry up to 1 ton of powder as well :good: cheers George 07714 323 909

Very interesting , would you be kind enough to provide a bit more information on 'the test and the adr'. Thanks.

Edited by MAB1954