Any difference between branded and unbranded ?

Lloyd90

Looking at these two gun cabinets. They look exactly the same to the eye, one is branded GDK and the other is unbranded but looks the same.

Do you think there will be any difference ?

I already have a Brattonsound btw but its at my parents house ATM, will be moving it in the future, so this is like a back up / temporary cabinet, when I move house in the next year both cabinets will likely go into the new home.

Links

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Gun-Cabinet-Lockbox-Storage-with-Inner-Ammo-Safe-for-Shotguns-Rifle-Gun-Safe-/322247934856?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291368525552

Edited by Lloyd90

I have an 8 gun brattonsound and an 8 gun unbranded one, and there is no noticeable difference in them, the both work exactly the same and are both totally sound. If starting again i would just buy a couple of unbranded ones and save a couple of hundred easily!

I can't see any problems with the cheaper one. Just make sure you bin the included fasteners and use something better. I'd use resin anchors personally.

No good for current rented house but maybe in the future.

Going to bin those crappy bolts though and use something a bit more sturdy!

I don't keep ammo anywhere near the guns. Even if locked.

I first thought "drop shipping" but the lower priced one shows no stock.

Yea they've had stock for the last few weeks but today when I go to order they're all gone lol!typical.

Ordered a 6 gun GDK for £148.99 or similar :)

Arrived yesterday!

I read some good and some bad reviews for GDK cabinets, stories of some arriving bashed up etc.

This one has arrived VERY well packaged, bubbled wrapped, inside a box and bubble wrapped again.

Very fast delivery, also I accidentally put an old address on my PayPal and a quick phone call and they sorted it in 5 mins.

Safe is huge and appears well made. Not as solid as my Brattonsound but seems more spacious and well upto the job. Wish I'd just bought one of these first time round tbh.