Migrant riots in Paris today

JRDS

Heh well that problem has existed for *decades* in france. Illegal immigrants from africa are everywhere, and live under the radar mostly. And to be fair, most people aren't too bothered about it. There was even at least one 'amnesty' law to help legalize a bunch of them a while back. The "Sans papier" 'problem' is always on the backburner of french politics for decades.

The other side of the coin is that there is also a lot of people who ressent that, as since everyone is 'entitled' to public service in france, many 'sans papier' (without a legal right of residence) live off happily on gov handouts -- a LOT better than what they had where they came from.

I don't want to generalise and make a comparison that could be classed as 'rude' or 'racist' because I'm definitely not -- however it's very similar to the people vs cats situation. You have the irrationally lovers, and the irrationally against; you only hear the extremes, and rarely the more sensible middle ground.

I agree with most of what you've posted. It is often easier for a Government to ignore or allow illegal immigrants to remain rather than deal with them and face public backlash, legal claims, etc. However, the French Government don't do handouts. They might get them from the many charities but not from the French Government. The 'sans papiers' people would receive the basic medical care for things like broken bones, cancer and the like but not dentistry, opticians, orthopaedic, etc. If they tried for that sort of thing they would certainly fall foul of the authorities as the French people have to pay for that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

buze - you might have a point. Sadly - I see the way the people behave in the camps and attacking motorists. I think - "Would I like to see these people in this country?"

My answer would be a resounding NO. Too many have no regard for law and order. How would that change if they came to the UK? Would they suddenly become law abiding? The stats for our prison population suggest not.

I totally agree with that -- I myself am an immigrant here (well, from across the channel but still) and I made *efforts* to integrate. I speak the language (with that 'lovely' accent that gets all the girls (apparently) ;-)) I drink and enjoy british beer, I have a tweed shooting jacket and I pay as much taxes as necessary. My dream isn't to go back to my country of origin, my life is here now.

So I'm probably as annoyed as some UK people when I walk down the street and see people who don't make the /effort/ to integrate. You choose to move, you have to adapt to the local culture. Doesn't stop you keeping your original culture when you're in your own home, but by respect to the place you live, you need to *change*. Dress the part, talk the part, respect the laws; this is your new life, here.

Yep...I was right...paranoid. :yes:

And we were right....#### :yes:

You were horribly irritating in your first iteration with your 'done that but more/better/first/know more' nonsense, but you are even worse now you are back!!

Edited by 955i

Indeed they should but you have misconstrued my original post ...If you read the OP again and then my original response you will see what I was questioning .

So you agree that they should of been reporting it, but are questioning someone, who is saying that they are purposefully not reporting it??? and accusing them of being paranoid Xenophobes because they believe the BBC are purposefully not reporting it!!!

I dont believe they are unaware of it, so surely they must be purposefully not reporting it???

So why do you think the BBC are not, when you agree they should be?

Funny thing is I only became aware of the riots when I heard a report on BBC radio, so the ops thread is pointless.

There was nothing on either Sky or BBC Websites when I posted yet it was in many on line newspapers, there was good reason for that they are both left wing pro migrant NWO organisations. Do you honestly believe the BBC reports in an unbiased fashion, the same for Sky. Do you ever watch Question time or the paper reviews with Kevin Maguire and his ilk? The BBC are taxpayer funded ***, they have absolutely no right to put their bias on what they report and how they report it.

Edited by JRDS

The point I make is that the BBC and Sky report in line with what they want us to hear about for their own left wing NWO reasons, that is what the thread is about. You convert that into me being a Paranoid Racist and a fool for pointing it out. Not going to feed your Trolling any further you are clearly living in a different fluffy left wing world to me.