ENOUGH INTREST FOR AIRGUNS AT BISLEY?

SNAKEBITE

I have just spoken to "dunganick" who is organising the bisley meet this year.

As an airgun only user I was not really bothered about going because whilst I enjoy shooting standing around watching everyone was not on the top of my agenda. I know there is a chance of blagging an odd go but poncing all day is not really fair on everyone else.

This got me wondering, if there was enough intrest in the airgun ide of things maybe something could be organised.

So............ who fancies it? Albeit 100% hyperthetical at this stage.

ALthough I don't do that much air rifle shooting I wouldn't object to a round of field target. Although I belive they wanted some stupid ammount to run it for us.

You are more than welcome to shoot with any of my guns, and if you want to do the clay shoot you can use my shotgun as well

Snakebite, this is a good idea in principle, though the costs would have to be investigated first. You may be interested to learn that the overnight camping is directly outside one of the FT areas.

As far as Bisley is concerned, I very much doubt anyone would object to you turning up to try different rifles. You are more than welcome to use anything I take along, as much as you want. One condition though, you got to buy a PW Badge. :whistling:

I don't have an airgun and haven't shot one properly for years, but I would have a go if it was one the cards. Snakey (and any other members for that matter) if you want to have a go with my guns you are more than welcome, I can shoot them anytime so it is more of social event for me - with few drinks maybe :lol:

I don't have an airgun and haven't shot one properly for years, but I would have a go if it was one the cards. Snakey (and any other members for that matter) if you want to have a go with my guns you are more than welcome, I can shoot them anytime so it is more of social event for me - with few drinks maybe :lol:

:good:

Same goes for me :good:

just so you all know the group who were able to accomidate us last year wernt unfortunaly next to where we were camping, and they wanted £35 for 2 hours. However i believe flash is a member of the field target range/club next to where we camp, however last year they had a significnt competition to setup or that evening so wernt able to help us

It is certainly something i would be interested in doing

I will look at orgnising it again, but i suspec it will come out expensive again.

Without further suggestions I have sent an email to the http://www.bfto.org.uk/ who run the FT club at Bisley. I await a reply.

Can we start totting up some prospective numbers for this please, as I need to indicate for the pricing.

For those that are interested in this event can you also see the main topic in Meet Up http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=28816

In addition, the entire event is designed to introduce people to different discciplines, it is also useful to introduce new people to our sport.

Stuart, I am waiting to see what reponse if any I get to my email. It may be that they can only accomodate us at a particular time. The principle idea is to get the airgunners of this forum in attendance, who's knows, they may just wanna play on a rifle or too.

Lefty, thanks for the help mate. :stupid: Your welcome to blat a few rounds out of my rifle if you want. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The BFTO can not accommodate us on the weekend of 4/5 August, because of a pre-arranged pistol comp. Our request was discussed at the BFTO committee meeting last night (Tuesday 5th June) and their chairman (Dave Walker), phone me this morning to say that, although they can't help us this year, they would be keen to try to next year.

Lefty