Possible syndicate

Fredwalton

I bumped into a game keeper today and we got chatting. He told me there was a place in his syndicate, it's a small shoot walk one shoot one etc with 4 days this season. He said they can shoot from 10 birds to 50 birds he also said it includes pest control all year round so pigeons crows rabbits etc. The cost is 450. I'm desperate for some game shooting but due to a new born baby can't justify spending hundreds of pounds on just one day so this offers sounds good to me but wanted to know what others thought?

Tbanks

Sorry I meant if I paid for a peg on a single day elsewhere

IMO it seems a little bit on the expensive side( if its 20 guns?). if your shooting 4 x 1/2 days(walk one, stand one) and each day, the bag is 50, then 200 birds over 4 days. 200 birds by 20 guns is 10 each. Works out at £45 per bird.

He said there are 8 maybe 10 guns I think

I'm paying £450 for a similar syndicate shooting 8/ 10 days averaging 50 birds per day. We also have duck ponds where we feed the wild birds and shoot alternate to the pheasant days. Last year I worked out it cost me £20 per visit, 10 days on pheasants and 12 nights on ducks.

I'm paying £450 for a similar syndicate shooting 8/ 10 days averaging 50 birds per day. We also have duck ponds where we feed the wild birds and shoot alternate to the pheasant days. Last year I worked out it cost me £20 per visit, 10 days on pheasants and 12 nights on ducks.

Well that it a total bargain.

For that price you must be surrounding by big shoots or have 50 members if you're buying birds in.

If anyone leaves, give me a shout.......lol

All our own birds, no shoots around us, 900 birds down 12 guns.

Your right ,absolute bargain

very cheap but doable:

12 guns x £450 = £5400

minus

900 birds at £3.50 bird is £3150 to start with

9 ton wheat say £1200

2 tons pellets £700

I guess the shoot does not pay any rent ?

Or if its like ours we get a gun and a half because we supply the land rent free. They purchase the wheat from us and supply the cover seed for us to drill. In return they do all the feeding, medication, pen repairs etc. Mind you a full gun on our shoot is nearly a couple hundred more than what the OP is paying but with the same average bag. Good luck and hope it turns out how you like!

Or if its like ours we get a gun and a half because we supply the land rent free. They purchase the wheat from us and supply the cover seed for us to drill. In return they do all the feeding, medication, pen repairs etc. Mind you a full gun on our shoot is nearly a couple hundred more than what the OP is paying but with the same average bag. Good luck and hope it turns out how you like!

Edited by reggiegun

very cheap but doable:

12 guns x £450 = £5400

minus

900 birds at £3.50 bird is £3150 to start with

9 ton wheat say £1200

2 tons pellets £700

I guess the shoot does not pay any rent ?

Its also very good returns when not surrounded by big shoots.

You would also need to take into account medication, maintenance and possible improvements into the finances.

Edited by markm

Seems very reasonable to me depends really what your looking for our now disbanded syndicate didn't go for big bags just good mixed days.We only folded because 75% of the land we shot over was sold and the new owners shot it themselves.Good luck and let us know how you get on