Member Gallery

Teal

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the only girl who gives me the run around, fearless to the last! :good:

hols214.jpg

looks brave that gator isnt much smaller than her, makes the caiman i had look a bit pathetic

16092007152.jpg

and my daughter is a dwarf, she is only 12cm tall :good::yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i was thinking that aswell :blush: but their is probley a good explanation for it :unsure:

oops not quite the complete quote..........it was a quote of a quote...........about taking deer with a shotgun..............i realize it was probably a sarcastic remark.

But what is wrong with taking deer with a shotgun? Its fairly common practice.

It gets lonely in them thar hills! :blush:

Have to admit its a fairly standard pose for trophy turkey. Not one comment like this on the turkey boards..........but completely different perspective here. MAkes me think of the the poses i've done with turkeys now. :unsure:

Not in the UK it isn`t, it is a last resort here.

Last resort??? I guess I do not know what you mean by that..........In more urban areas a shot gun is lot safer because of its more curtail ballistics per distance. But are we talking buckshot, rifled slugs, or sabots? I've never done the buckshot, but been using a sabot for years. A 200 yard shot is a no brainer. And my deer always take one step or just drop. Very little meat damage. Also in some urban areas centefire are also illegal.

I've even taken a moose with my 12 gauge. Freestanding 150 yards, the moose went 20 feet and dropped. Guess we are talking very different shotguns.

Nope, shotguns are the same, but shooting deer with a one is a no no over here, unless you can get a special license, & that will be under certain conditions,....someone will post the +'s & -'s on this no doubt, different in America I know,

Oh well then that makes perfect sense that it makes no sense............its hunting regulations and nothing about its capabilities. It makes me feel better then to hear some things are same. The states here all have various and different regulations and seasons, and then there local ordinances what you can use where. or what kind of projectile. Sometimes feel like its golf, can i get an official ruling on this lie before i hit/ take the shot.

But I did notice something interesting on several of the posters. He was showing his collection of weapons, and a few of them looked like they had suprressors / silencers on them. Is that legal or was I just looking at a wicked big ported muzzle? Here all silencers are completely illegal. Just having one in your possession is a serious issue. Just thinking about the possibilities while doing some night time coyote hunting with a "hush puppy". The pack would not hear a thing and their buddies would just be dropping. Then again they never stand still that long.

And I should say they are not completely illegal, they are used for deer control at night in some areas by professional poachers. You can acquire license to posess from the BATF, just not smile upon by the state game wardens. So guess my real question is do you need a special federal license and they are acceptable for hunting?

Edited by azbycx

But I did notice something interesting on several of the posters. He was showing his collection of weapons, and a few of them looked like they had suprressors / silencers on them. Is that legal or was I just looking at a wicked big ported muzzle?

Silencers (or Moderators) Are perfectly legal, and if you already have a firearms licence they are pretty easy to acquire, infact, in some places they are encouraged because of noise issues.

They are perfectly acceptable for all sorts of shooting.

Edited by Bleeh

Silencers (or Moderators) Are perfectly legal, and if you already have a firearms licence they are pretty easy to acquire, infact, in some places they are encouraged because of noise issues.

They are perfectly acceptable for all sorts of shooting.

I can see their use. But as you can see by the Maine hunting regulations. "Silencer. It is unlawful to hunt with or possess for hunting any firearm fitted or contrived with any device for deadening the sound of the explosion." As said earlier, this is different from the use other than hunting. Its legal to posess and use at a range or at your house. Here we just need a BAFT license and pay a $200.oo fee/tax to possess it.

Just merely an observation of differences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...