earith

tinkertaylor

• 2 weeks later...

Try the RSPB site down there that will give you a idea.

This is a helpfull site but people don,t do all your leg work, you asked same question last season, and as you have now said you cannot go due to to working 24/7 ?

Agree 👍

It sounded like a Clay Shoot this morning.

Mostly 3-6 or 9 shot blasts 🤔

How will it disadvantage you? If it's a secret just PM him...........no one else will know!

Most Fowlers get off their Butts and work hard for there rewards.

So i eg do as you suggested PM information the person who I've PM'd then tells his mate who then tells his and so it goes on.

I live a long way from a Foreshore but get out and find out also in the past if you check back I've given several updates of the Washes but won't give out if the Ducks or Geese are here or there.

Admittedly there was not the mobile phones or Internet information but I've shot all over Scotland and Islay and relied purely on personal knowledge by reading books studying Birds the area they frequently use long winded Yes

Short answer get out work for your results 👍

Most Fowlers get off their Butts and work hard for there rewards.

So i eg do as you suggested PM information the person who I've PM'd then tells his mate who then tells his and so it goes on.

I live a long way from a Foreshore but get out and find out also in the past if you check back I've given several updates of the Washes but won't give out if the Ducks or Geese are here or there.

Admittedly there was not the mobile phones or Internet information but I've shot all over Scotland and Islay and relied purely on personal knowledge by reading books studying Birds the area they frequently use long winded Yes

Short answer get out work for your results

I was not pointing my comments at anyone in particular but as you have responded.........

He was only asking after water levels! Not for someone to tell him where the fowl are located and how many are there, or asking you to position him in the pound seats!

And you say you "live a long way from a foreshore" but give you location as Heacham!.......have they moved it from its former location?last time I was over that way it was within spitting distance of the foreshore?

I really can't understand the problem with helping a fellow fowler out by telling him the waterheight?

I wouldn't expect anyone to tell me the water levels on the washes.

I don't think he was expecting someone to tell him? I think he was asking!

But you live in King Lynn, yes?........If you lived a hundred plus miles away from the washes you might feel differently?

Oh and just for clarity I do not know, and have not........to my recollection, ever met the OP!

So the wildfowlers in East Anglia do not wish to encourage wildfowlers from outside the area to visit? If that's the case why don't you just say so?

Panoma1

What part of my last reply Don't you understand or what's rattled your cage!!!!!!

From Heacham Norfolk don't mean i live there does it ????

But as it seems to concern you i live within a 2 minutes drive from the Ouse Washes Earith End so close i can hear the Ducks and Geese also the shooting.

Now back on track Please read my post No 2.

Also i no longer shoot the Ouse Washes so it doesn't bother me what's happening BUT i respect a few Wildfowlers i personally know who work hard to get results on the Washes so again won't be giving up to much information.

If you and other travelling Wildfowlers ( which I am myself) thinks that's harsh perhaps they need to take up a social sport like Golf 😆👍

Edited by 6.5x55SE

Right then children I have shot the Ouse washes today I was about a mile downstream from Earith and my wash varied from 18 inches deep in places to dry in others There were very few shots from the Earith wash itself but there was a bit of shooting further downstream until the fog cleared then all activity dried up The water is now dropping quite quickly

[quote name="motty" post="3172332" timestamp="1480192771"

I know plenty of fowlers who live well over 100 miles away from the wash/washes who are prepared to do all their own legwork, and still get results.

Yes! and I have been one of em! But that is not the point!.....the point is that fellow wildfowlers in the know and local to the area, apparently wouldn't offer the OP any help even if they could!.........sadly your responses seems to confirm this!

Obviously I now exclude Tony G from the above comment!

As many people on here know I was until recently a travelling fowler myself There were quite a few people that helped me out so now living more locally I feel if I can help somebody out (obviously without giving everything away) then I will

Edited by Tony G