sticking ejector on a Beretta

quentyn

Hi has anyone experienced a sticking ejector on a silver pigeon ? i have had the offending ejector out and have made sure it is clean and running smoothly but still every 10th shot it ejects comically late... sometimes you can swap in live cartridges, go to close the action and the live cartridge ejects over your shoulder

before I contact a gunsmith is there anything else I can look at ? the ejector its self is fine and the spring and pin are also fine

Q

ps anyway to edit the subject line as I have written about a hat not a gun... i cant even delete the post to correct my embarrassing mistake :)

Edited by quentyn

Probably the ejector timing and not the ejector sticking. Try opening the gun fully and see if trip then,if not it will need adjusting by a gunsmith.

no if there isnt a cartridge in the ejector pops out immediately its only every 10th or so cartridges. The ejector is now silky smooth in the barrel housing so its what ever trips it.

Quentyn, is it a new Beretta or an old one?

Have you had it long?

Did you buy it privately?

see below its one I bought here

its just annoying, to be honest when I got home after buying it I put snap caps in and fired them and i saw the issue then ( thats when I took the top ejector out and cleaned it and i thought I had solved it)

seems like it may be a trip to the gunsmith, anyone around w london / oxford that offer a walk in service ? all the shops round here seem to send them off so have a 3-4 week lead time before you even find out how much

As said ejector timing . This could be as a result of several things . Either wear on the the cocking rods or forend cams , loose forend ,or just a burr on the extractor . Should be no problem to put right ,its just a matter of deciding the cause and its best remedy . Withe Beretta ejectors it is easy to make them worse if the wrong thing is done so best advice is to get an experienced person to look at them . It is not a big job so should not cost much to correct .

Are you sure it is not the cartridges ?

They can swell and stick in the chambers...possibly try a different brand and polish the chambers

Old thread here reporting similar problems http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/237100-beretta-686-ejection-problems/

i am sure, it happens with snap caps as well and they are undersized

if you remove the cartridge with your fingers and can count to 10 and then the ejector pops

• 8 months later...

I've just bought a brand new silver pigeon and I have the same problem with the top ejector. only mine sticks on every shot. removed the ejector and the under side if it is really rough. took it to the dealer and I'm waiting on word back from him. mite. it might need a trip to beretta.

or buy a Browning. Nothing else will fix it.

That would be like cutting off your arm because you have a sore finger haha

I feared my 690 had a faulty ejector from new however turns out one had been turned off- very relieved when I found out all I had to do was turn a screw a half turn!

Edited by Nmb