Black powder pistol

Pedro

Let me know when you get the slot on your ticket as I'm selling my Pietta Stainless Steel 1858 Remington New Model Army .44 BP pistol with adjustable sights, complete with all accessories, black powder and BP wooden storage box.

Don't forget to apply for a certificate to acquire and store explosives at the same time as you apply for the variation!

As others have said-just ask for a 44 calibre muzzle loading pistol. You dont need to specify revolver as there are single shot pistols out there.

Do stick to proper black powder though-its much more fun!

but you dont load it thro the muzzle..................wouldnt that be a better description for a 6 barrelled pepperbox....

You can't beat BP for its big old flash with loads of sparks followed by that massive boom. :yes:

And buy yourself a heavy duty cleaning kit for it!

I have the Pietta .44 Remington NMA, and its stainless, its fun to shoot,its a bit of a ball ache to load (even with paper cartridges) but its a massive pain to clean!

And you really do have to clean it after every use,thoroughly.

Some say stick it through the dishwasher,but I just cant do it,seems so wrong.

Baby wipes are my secret weapon.

I don't find it arduous at all when it comes to cleaning my s/s Pietta.

When I get home I remove the wooden grips and put them to one side then remove the cylinder and place it along with the frame in a cat litter tray into which I put a couple of tablespoons of black powder solution onto which I pour a kettle full of boiling water which covers the frame and most of the cylinder.

I then agitate the tray to make sure the liquid reaches every nook and cranny and then leave for about 5 mins, after which I remove the frame and cylinder and whilst holding it I very carefully pour another kettle full of boiling water over in and around and down the barrel to remove all traces of the cleaning solution.

I then leave everything to dry for a few minutes which it will as it's so hot then I put a stiff wire barrel brush through the barrel a few times, oil the mechanism and reassemble, followed with a wipe over with an oily cloth.

Usually get the whole job done in 15 minutes.

I don't find it arduous at all when it comes to cleaning my s/s Pietta.

When I get home I remove the wooden grips and put them to one side then remove the cylinder and place it along with the frame in a cat litter tray into which I put a couple of tablespoons of black powder solution onto which I pour a kettle full of boiling water which covers the frame and most of the cylinder.

I then agitate the tray to make sure the liquid reaches every nook and cranny and then leave for about 5 mins, after which I remove the frame and cylinder and whilst holding it I very carefully pour another kettle full of boiling water over in and around and down the barrel to remove all traces of the cleaning solution.

I then leave everything to dry for a few minutes which it will as it's so hot then I put a stiff wire barrel brush through the barrel a few times, oil the mechanism and reassemble, followed with a wipe over with an oily cloth.

Might as well put it in the dishwasher then :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure the cat don't decide to use his litter tray before you've finished with it. I can just visualise Tom jumping about trying to cross his legs or simply peeing on the floor. Similarly, I hope you wash out the tray before putting your prized possession in it and covering it with the used cat litter. Now that will make your gun cabinet smell rank and you may well find your shooting mates giving you a wide berth. He, he, he.