Which FX FAC would you buy

Esca

I have an FX Bobcat .25 cal and to be honest its fantastic. Shot count is 60+ at 50ft/lb,at its optimum zero of 44 yard its <1/4" groups, hits like the proverbial sledgehammer. With the shrouded barrel its fairly quiet and even though I have a moderator slot on for it I havent felt the need to get one yet for it.

I have taken bunnies up to 75 yards cleanly with it, also as a squirrel gun it does the business dropping them every time even though they are tough little *******.

Also has a power adjuster so I can put the power down to about 22 ft/lb for closer range work like rats which saves me owning two air rifles.

The only downside is its a bit weighty and fitting a sling can require a bit of rail fitting.

Only thing I would say about the Rapids is its harder to find examples now unless you know the seller or they have a decent rep that havent had "amateur gunsmithing" attempts on their internals so you can get landed with having to get them sorted again by someone who knows what they are doing. Also they tend to be from my point of view relatively expensive for what they are due to not being manufactured anymore and having that rose tinted rapid aura about them.

BSA R10 MK2 I got put off by the lower than expected shot count from a buddy bottle rifle and the barrel the size of a telegraph pole!

I have owned a couple of FX rifles and even though they are on the higher end of cost they certainly do business and tend to be very innovative .

Also FX are designed from the ground up to be FAC as their major sales area is the US. So you don't end up with a gun designed for sub 12 ft/lb being pushed up to FAC power hence shotcount tends to be superior and the smooth twist barrel functions a lot better from common experience at FAC power.

Guys thank you for your replys. I am an FX fan and own a Wildcat in sub 12. I use to own an daystate and that turned out to be an expensive error. The reason I started this thread was to gauge people's experience and opinions on the rifles they have come across. I have only one shot at this and cannot afford to make the same mistake again. Once again thank you for your help.

I've got an FX Bobcat .30 I get 45 full power shots @ 85 ft lb with 50 grain jsb 1/2" groups are easy enough @ 50 yards and when you hit your quarry stays down. I have a Hugget mod on it and it is very quiet. Would I buy another FX yes the impact is on my list.

Happy shooting

Kev1gun

• 2 months later...

Yep been out this weekend, it was great, accurate and very comfortable to use.

Before you pick the rifle out of the case. READ THE MANUAL. I didn't in my excitment and luckly 'I didn't come a cropper' There are some things that if not done in the right order, could end up damaging the gun.

I tried AA heavy and JSB ( I know they come from the same place) the AA grouped slightly tighter. the JSB did look slightly scruffy.

Yep been out this weekend, it was great, accurate and very comfortable to use.

Before you pick the rifle out of the case. READ THE MANUAL. I didn't in my excitment and luckly 'I didn't come a cropper' There are some things that if not done in the right order, could end up damaging the gun.

I tried AA heavy and JSB ( I know they come from the same place) the AA grouped slightly tighter. the JSB did look slightly scruffy.

cheers buddy,watched just about every YouTube vid and I'm aware of the power wheel on the side.must admit the waits killing me not been this excited about a gun in a long time

• 4 years later...