"Today i have mainly been..."

ditchman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes. :good:

I've got a few tins of the old .22 wasps . I know I have. I'll have a root about.

i will press 50 out for you and you can try them............they might perform a bit different as opposed to a Mecury as they have to first pass thro the "tap"... :hmm:

if you have a micrometer...measure the head size on them ....

Edited by ditchman

Don't know if it helps but if you want to keep the head close to the original radius which is 2.75mm rad.

now with a man of your talents I guess you already know this but....

You could use a D bit or Bull nose end mill, you could also use a 6mm ball bearing glued to a stick and lap it.

Just out of curiosity how did you line the smaller head die, up with the two plate die?

Must say up to now I am impressed with what you have done :good:

Don't know if it helps but if you want to keep the head close to the original radius which is 2.75mm rad.

now with a man of your talents I guess you already know this but....

You could use a D bit or Bull nose end mill, you could also use a 6mm ball bearing glued to a stick and lap it.

Just out of curiosity how did you line the smaller head die, up with the two plate die?

Must say up to now I am impressed with what you have done :good:

used 3 drill bits to form the die.....so when the die sat on the doner pellet it would do so evenly........then pressure was applied the pellet expands evenly outwards and upwards and sidewards and down into the chamfer....

Would love to put some of these through my old mercury - the thing accounted for hundreds of rabbits with the proper wasp pellets when they could be had, 2P sized groups all day long out to 30 yards - happy days for a young lad with a spring gun.

It likes JSB jumbo diablo but not as well as it liked those old wasps.

Would love to put some of these through my old mercury - the thing accounted for hundreds of rabbits with the proper wasp pellets when they could be had, 2P sized groups all day long out to 30 yards - happy days for a young lad with a spring gun.

It likes JSB jumbo diablo but not as well as it liked those old wasps.

you still have the gun ?

you still have the gun ?

I still have it! Though the ability to shoot it half as well as i could seems to have got lost somewhere along the way.

Spent many of my GSCE revision sessions learning about trajectories between my bedroom window and the back of the compost heap ( a convenient 29 yards ) when i should have been reading up about how kidneys and synapses work.

Getting a PCP took a lot of the fun out of it - i used to practice every day with the old springer, but with a decent PCP practice still counts for a lot but most of us can pick up a good one and shoot something like a reasonable group. Sadly now I'm limited with the range i can shoot in the garden so if i want to practice properly i have to gather my bits and pieces together and go to the paddock, okay its only a few hundred yards away but its just not as handy particularly when its dark all the time now. Every summer i convince myself I'm going to build a little range up there but keep forgetting!

What is the difference between the standard mercury and mercury s ? Had a couple of mercs in me younger days and some cracking fun with them, unfortunately they were traded for other boyhood things such as other rifles, pistols, crossbows and part payment on motorbikes.

Ahhh those were the days!

the barrel is thicker...the sights are metal not plastic and the woodwork improved a lot....and i believe the barrel pivot pin is different....

• 4 years later...