Wooden lean to high seat plans ?

chipper

I can e mail you a picture of one. PM me. Easy peesy to make. four twelve foot lengths of 4x2 and according to if you want double or single seat. 3ft 6inch or 4ft 6inch 3x2s for the steps and seat support plus 4ft 6 inch 3x2 side and back rails and rifle rest Seat will be at 9ft and your eye line at about 12 to 13ft. Want it higher then 14ft leg lengths and more steps. I use 3/8th threaded bar cut to length to fix the joints, safer and better than screws or nails. Blend in nicely with a coat of green fence paint and far less chance of theft. Advantage is you can take it to the site in kit form.

Design is free standing although I always drive in a couple of five inch half round peeled stakes and bolt to the seat legs for stability. By moving the back stretcher up, the legs can fit either side of a handy tree as well, aka a lean too with added stability. I use 6x1 tantalised for the seat.

I am fortunate as I mill my own timber, but a really long lasting model could be built in full tantalised. Last forever.

Edited by Walker570

You can easily build them without plans. You just need lengths of tanalised 4x2, and a bit of decking. Use FastenMaster or Timberlock bolts. Dead easy; we've made several.

any pics ?

:good:

I can e mail you a picture of one. PM me. Easy peesy to make. four twelve foot lengths of 4x2 and according to if you want double or single seat. 3ft 6inch or 4ft 6inch 3x2s for the steps and seat support plus 4ft 6 inch 3x2 side and back rails and rifle rest Seat will be at 9ft and your eye line at about 12 to 13ft. Want it higher then 14ft leg lengths and more steps. I use 3/8th threaded bar cut to length to fix the joints, safer and better than screws or nails. Blend in nicely with a coat of green fence paint and far less chance of theft. Advantage is you can take it to the site in kit form.

Design is free standing although I always drive in a couple of five inch half round peeled stakes and bolt to the seat legs for stability. By moving the back stretcher up, the legs can fit either side of a handy tree as well, aka a lean too with added stability. I use 6x1 tantalised for the seat.

I am fortunate as I mill my own timber, but a really long lasting model could be built in full tantalised. Last forever.

pm inbound

:good:

• 2 weeks later...