Benthejockey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

???

I NEVER said all teachers are thick lol. I did say it doesn't attract the country's best and brightest as I feel it doesn't have the prestige it used to!

I also stated I have met some teachers who are thick (As I imagine in most jobs there are some thickun's!)

For those offended, I genuinely apologise! Unlike some on here I'm not out to troll and wind up!

Teaching is probably one of the most important jobs in the country (or world even) and deserves more prestige.

For anyone who wants to bash me I'm a third year social work student ? Crack on!

Fair enough. :yes:

Interestingly you may find this humorous. (and its not meant as a dig at all)

This is what other student teachers think of Sociology , taken from a university toilet. :lol::lol:

post-78288-0-61492100-1478818857_thumb.jpg

Fair enough. :yes:

Interestingly you may find this humorous. (and its not meant as a dig at all)

This is what other student teachers think of Sociology , taken from a university toilet. :lol::lol:

😂😂😂😂

Social work not Sociology! Quite a high level of employment thank god 😂😂😂

Or this

A social worker is facing a mugger with a gun. Your money or your life! says the mugger. Im sorry, the social worker answers, I am a social worker, so I have no money and no life.

That's more like it! 😂😂😂 I enjoyed that!

If you could see the state of our social services all over the country at the moment you'd be worried about the fact that there really isn't any money! 😳

Haha

A man went to a social worker and told him he wanted help because he thought he was a dog. When the social worker asked him how long he had been thinking he was a dog, he replied: “Ever since I was a puppy.” The social worker said: “OK, lay down on the couch.” The man said: “I’m not allowed on the couch.”

Haha

A man went to a social worker and told him he wanted help because he thought he was a dog. When the social worker asked him how long he had been thinking he was a dog, he replied: Ever since I was a puppy. The social worker said: OK, lay down on the couch. The man said: Im not allowed on the couch.

I'm not qualified yet but I think that's one for psychiatrists.

There's no money left for us to afford furniture 😂😂

The girl child came home from brownies tonight and started chatting about school. Apparently they were discussing America today and her teacher told her that 98% of all Americans carry concealed guns just to shoot each other and there are 38 school shootings a week. Now I got my maths GCSE and percentages were on the test paper. According to the teacher there's about 6million Americans not carrying guns in the whole of the country. With a population of just under 325million I really struggle to believe her statistics are right. That's a whole lot of babies and toddlers packing heat! What irritated me is she is a teacher and the kids believe she knows what she's talking about. Filling their heads with nonesense inthougt was a job for tv and the interwebs!

So why don't you ask the head if the teacher is correct and is it appropriate for her to be telling girl children such things especially if they are not true.

Teachers are quite well paid and have excellent holidays......

Would/could I do it?

Not on your nelly, I just haven't got the patience,

I'm not child friendly.....

So happy to let them do it :)

:shaun:

Can't retire as young as logistics workers though........

I NEVER said all teachers are thick lol. I did say it doesn't attract the country's best and brightest as I feel it doesn't have the prestige it used to!

I also stated I have met some teachers who are thick (As I imagine in most jobs there are some thickun's!)

For those offended, I genuinely apologise! Unlike some on here I'm not out to troll and wind up!

Teaching is probably one of the most important jobs in the country (or world even) and deserves more prestige.

For anyone who wants to bash me I'm a third year social work student Crack on!

Bloody students

Only joking mate fair comment. Must admit some of her staff i have met over the year have not been the best people to comment on general knowledge. But they do certainly have to graft to hit some near impossible targets.

For anyone who wants to bash me I'm a third year social work student Crack on!

So are you going to be a social worker when your through?

If I pass lol!

Why wouldn't I be ?

Just a tad surprised, I didn't think words like- thick, thickuns,thicker than custard, would come easily from you as I imagine you'll be dealing with some desperate situations and people from not so fortunate backgrounds that maybe from no fault of they're own didn't have much schooling.Btw I have no close connections to teachers but I know a few,remember next week someone might be giving social workers what for.

Just a tad surprised, I didn't think words like- thick, thickuns,thicker than custard, would come easily from you as I imagine you'll be dealing with some desperate situations and people from not so fortunate backgrounds that maybe from no fault of they're own didn't have much schooling.Btw I have no close connections to teachers but I know a few,remember next week someone might be giving social workers what for.

They regularly give social workers what for, on this forum and many other places!

There are plenty of people who have had poor education and life chances, but there are also plenty of people who have low IQ (whether trough genetics or whatever else makes someone intelligent or not).

I know plenty of people who had fantastic private educations and are 'thicker than custard'.

As said above, this whole system that everyone had to be the same is holding back the brightest in class.

Everyone is not the same, for a variety of different reasons. I've known children who are incredibly clever and they hate school because it doesn't stimulate them. The teacher has to spent the whole lesson teaching things that some would call 'simple' to other children who either aren't interested or don't have the ability.

And at higher levels if they think your going to fail they won't even let you sit the exams because it brings their stats down!

I would challenge anyone in any profession to say that there are no complete oxygen thieves working with them. The same is true of teaching but most of the people I work with are hard-working and professional. I am seriously thinking that I have had enough and lucky enough to be able to afford to pack it in but not because of who I work with, both adults and the kids.if I do, I shall continue to volunteer and help out as it suits me. It is the relentless teacher-bashing by our employers that gets to you in the end and I just feel worn down by it all.

I think most professions get a sound knocking these days.. Apparently no one is worth what tgey get paid.. Unless of course your a Director/CEO of a large company or Bank that is losing money or a so called. Euntron..enterun.. Entronpeur.. Spiv.

Everyone eles is becoming a slave to the daft working culture thats overtaking the country.. More and more hours, Expected to take risks to do the work to get paid even though if it goes wrong the company turns it's back in a holyier than though stance.. look at Amazon. Sports Direct and the numerous gang masters around the country.. Dickens could write another book.

Before anyone says.. Nothing wrong with working hard if the rewards are to be gained but alot of people have to work harder and harder just to stand still while there's a class of people taking all the rewards.

Seriously !!!!!

My missus is a teacher who has two degrees works 70 hrs a week and pretty much all of the holidays, post your profession up so we can take an opiniated response to that

I completely agree with you!!

My mum is a teacher of 34 years now. People who genuinely believe that they finish at half 3 and have all their holidays need to reevaluate their thoughts!

In terms of teaching standards, she has said how the teachers who qualified at the time she did are a lot better trained than what they are now!

However, she is currently mentoring a first year, fully qualified teacher and has said how he is going to be exceptional at his job.

It infuriates me massively when people talk against teachers. A complete lack of understanding and knowledge!

Yes well, at £25,000 a year it's a decent job that quite well paid but honestly isn't that hard and doesn't require the best or brightest of the country men and women.

I've met some women/ girls who are primary school teachers, they're thicker than custard. All they've got to learn to do is understand work at a primary school level and pass the Uni course.

In the past if you were a teacher you'd be thought of as a intellectual, now a days it's for people who like list of holiday

I can see you paid attention in English.

The girl child came home from brownies tonight and started chatting about school. Apparently they were discussing America today and her teacher told her that 98% of all Americans carry concealed guns just to shoot each other and there are 38 school shootings a week. Now I got my maths GCSE and percentages were on the test paper. According to the teacher there's about 6million Americans not carrying guns in the whole of the country. With a population of just under 325million I really struggle to believe her statistics are right. That's a whole lot of babies and toddlers packing heat! What irritated me is she is a teacher and the kids believe she knows what she's talking about. Filling their heads with nonesense inthougt was a job for tv and the interwebs!

So have you made enquiries of the school and the teacher involved with regards to 'filling their heads with rubbish' ?

I fetched her from after school club tonight and saw the teacher. She was adamant that 98% of all Americans carry guns. Even after I told her that leaves about 6 million Americans not carrying a gun which out of a population of nearly 325 million is not a lot and that I wasn't sure babies would really manage to carry a gun. Don't argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! Fortunately she's off on maternity leave next week.

For the record I wasn't knocking teachers my parents have both been teachers in various guises from primary to university so I understand what a hard time they have got.