Lin seed oil

Farcombehall

I used to see a lot of linseed around the midlands some years ago, but I have never shot over it or seen significant numbers of pigeon feeding on it, even after harvest, but you never know, keep watching and fingers crossed, try a day or two with a good pattern of decoys, you might fool them into having a closer look , I often set up on young barley or wheat, I dont think they actually feed much on it but cant resist coming in to investigate a flock of decoys , they cant bear to miss out on a good feed. If you can find a reasonable flight line over the field its definitely worth a try as they will always drop off a flight line to have a look.let us know how you get on. :yes::yes:

Sometimes you may get an occasional pigeon land on harvested flax but the seed heads don't give up the seed easily and it is always harvested before they start bursting.

I've never even found wild birds like finches and buntings find it particularly attractive to be honest