SMK air rifle

juwel-180

pooh.............pooh..........pooh :lol:

smk...cheap mass produced ****!!!! :good::good: . Do your self a favour matey and save up a bit more dollar, and and get yourself something decent..............It will be worth it in the long run.

have a look at the BSA lightening, which is reaonably priced, powerfull....... and ideal for all airgunning situations

Not being funny but for weeks you have been asking about cheap air rifles. They are all pony mate, complete waste of time.

As has been said many times and by myself more than once, save up.

do yourself a favour put the £80 towards something decent, second hand BSA Weirauch etc.

:lol:

Not being funny but for weeks you have been asking about cheap air rifles. They are all pony mate, complete waste of time.

As has been said many times and by myself more than once, save up.

do yourself a favour put the £80 towards something decent, second hand BSA Weirauch etc.

:good:

:lol:

SMK airguns cost about 50p to make and are made in china by people who probably make spud guns and water-pistols in the same factory.

Waste of time, waste of money, waste of energy even thinking about them :good:

<A href="http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?showuser=1551">SNAKEBITEto_post_off.gif Apr 24 2007, 12:55 PM

skullin6.jpg

Ace Pigeon Shooter

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Members

Member No.: 1551

spacer.gif

Good point, the SMK has the added bonus of being able to dismantle itself after you have become disillusioned with it, thus making it easier to burn.

With a bit of fettling however you are able to get it to land within a 6' radius of the zero point each time you lob it at a rabbit. This is infact more accurate than actually shooting it. As another option, increasing it's versatility is that you can gaffa tape a kitchen knife to the end of it whilst your grandad shouts "They don't like it up 'em Mr. Mainwairing". Perfect for those Winter evening shenanigans when daylight is at a premium.

--------------------

REFORMED CHARACTER.

Please find above; an interesting review of SMK rifles, given in a style that we are lead to believe, is (sadly) no longer en vogue.

Lefty

I bought a B2 a couple of years ago, but it sit's in the loft in a box for good reason! ;):lol: :(

Dustman wouldn't take yours either :yp:

If you are looking for a cheap rifle to start yourself out on and you want an smk the qb78/xs78 is not a bad rifle after a bit of tweaking, but it takes more rubbing the a lesbien hen night to smooth it out, but if you put a lil work in it can be rewarding getting a chinese piece of **** upto respectable standard, the co2 is a pain in the backside though, expect to pay around £50 from a shop new.

Or like others have said, save a bit more green and keep an eye on the classifieds.

Oi! Stop Dissing SMK!!! :)

I'll have you know that they are fantastic little airguns :) and I won't use anything else but SMK when it comes to clubbing stuff!!

Oh.... sorry..... i didn't realise you actually intended to shoot one. cough, cough, slowly step away.....

:)

The lads's speak sense.

If you REALLY want one ask AXE nicely and he might send you my old one that is identical to that. It was so bad that you are better off with a catapult.

You are asking for trouble even thinking about it. You will lose intrest so quickly if you get one of those.

I realise its off putting to hear people putting down a new gun that appeals and is in your price range and suggest spending the same money on a secondhand gun but please.. take it from someone who has not that long ago made the mistake you are about too, that its not worth it..

Go for the secondhand gun, a BSA, webley or other well known brand,it will far outperform the cheaper gun..

The downside to the guns your looking at is not only the build quality but also 9 times out of ten they will be heavier, have less power and be less accurate.

For the record I bought a QB78 deluxe and within a few days realised what a huge mistake I made.. that mistake cost me over £100 all in. I then picked up a secondhand and well used falcon rifle.. which far outperforms the new one I had just bought..

"Because it's capable of achieving high muzzle velocities 12lb/ft, it packs a real punch, even at long range.

The accuracy surpasses many of the popular European air rifles that sell for two to three times the price."

What a load of ********. Like everyone has been saying, get a BSA. I had a B2 for a while, then got a Supersport and loved. I could actually hit things with the supersport. And yes, I do mean with the pellet.

SMK make rifles to hit tin cans at 20 yards, and they do just that. My BSA Supersport used to make 5p sized groups at that range, and could hit the same coke can at 70 yards with ease. Don't buy a SMK for hunting, you'll hurt more than you kill! :/

<A href="http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?showuser=1551">SNAKEBITEto_post_off.gif Apr 24 2007, 12:55 PM

skullin6.jpg

Ace Pigeon Shooter

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Members

Member No.: 1551

spacer.gif

Good point, the SMK has the added bonus of being able to dismantle itself after you have become disillusioned with it, thus making it easier to burn.

With a bit of fettling however you are able to get it to land within a 6' radius of the zero point each time you lob it at a rabbit. This is infact more accurate than actually shooting it. As another option, increasing it's versatility is that you can gaffa tape a kitchen knife to the end of it whilst your grandad shouts "They don't like it up 'em Mr. Mainwairing". Perfect for those Winter evening shenanigans when daylight is at a premium.

--------------------

REFORMED CHARACTER.

Please find above; an interesting review of SMK rifles, given in a style that we are lead to believe, is (sadly) no longer en vogue.

Lefty

That is the funniest post I have read for a few days :/

LB

I have one of those, I bought it at a car boot sale for £20.

You get for your money, 2" groupings at 10 yds, a **** stock and poorly machined metalwork and my absolute favourite ( and yours too!), Recoil galore and a TWANG that would terrify Godzilla!

Please spend a couple more weeks brassic, and get a second hand BSA or HW95.

• 4 weeks later...

to be fair young lad came shooting about a year ago he had a 177 bam 20. we ended up tuning it 11 foot poud and our version of laza glide, we bumped into him last week and its performing great,im as surprized as anyone, its a copy of an hw 85 or 95.brand new for the princely sum of £115

Did anyone hear that the French army is getting kitted out with new weapons?

It's some sort of price cutting exercise.

Apparently real firearms are too expensive to buy and keep as well as other essential equipment.

Their criteria was as follows:

Does't matter if they don't shoot straight

Must make a good clunk when dropped (preferably they should break open when dropped)

Must look good whilst being held buy a guy with a beret (and even better when dropped by him)

Poor power is a must in order to keep costs low

The finish of the weapon must be rough in order to give an amaturish look to the soldier

Must be lightweight for quicker retreat

Sighting systems are to be removed from the system as they're never used

The chosen system should be sellable to Eastern europian and Middle Eastern countries after French use

Loading of weapon must be hazardous to the user (sharp edges, mechanism liable to explode etc the more damage the better)

Lack of any form of manual (paper could be better used for making disposable white flags)

No safety catch (pointless as weapon never gets loaded by user)

The competition for the contract was:

Paintball Gun (ruled out due to excessive power)

Potato Gun (looked good with a beret but did't break when dropped and too accurate)

Elastic band gun (removed the eyes of 12 french soldiers in loading tests but again, too powerful)

Paper plain ( excelled in every field but French airforce bought it before the Army had a chance)

SMK B2 (performed very well in every field and became the winning candidate)

As a result the french army can now buy proper white flags

120 pilots have been hospitalised due to papercuts

300 Eastern Europian soldiers have joined the french piolots due to slightly painful splinters

& a camel got concussion from being hit with a b2.

Basically if the French use it then I advise that you don't.

:rolleyes:

When i was getting into shooting with my BSA springer, my mate wanted to tag along so he bought a cheap SMK rifle, let me tell you it was the biggest piece of garbage i had ever seen, not only does it have the pleasure of looking like something that came out of a plastic factory, it felt cheap, nasty, the muzzle energy probably didnt even come close to 8ft lbs and the accuracy was terrible.

Think of it this way.....there cheap for a reason!

i have one and its ok, i find if you stick the barrel end in the ground and then wedge the butt under the centre support, the shed door will not shut no matter how windy it is, i recommend one to anyone i bought mine second hand and it was actually cheaper than a proper door stop.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...