air pro flappers

hi guys just been reading this thread with interest i actually bought 3 pair of these AIR DOVE doves from cabelas in total they worked out at £19.00 a pair and took about 10 days to arrive (that was 6 months ago )they arent bad but i wouldent say they would double your cartridge use

Well i don't think I would EMBARASS Deako by purchasing some of these as I KNOW he would NOT increase our cartridge consumption by DOUBLE.

As of yesterday (see TFTF) we used 360 cartridges and by today I know I would be sending them back.

:)

Dave K

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say these realy do work the only problem is the pigeons want to land so close mine have been shot already first day out but they have the benifits of light weight. saving on mangnet battery and less stress on the mechine you can take the wings off for transport very easy to put back on top gear.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just orderd a pair of the new air ***. do they work on woodies or not as that is what i purchased them for

Simple aswer is YES.........thats what they are designed for............any comments about them just being useful for "ferrals" is a load of tosh.

Ive shot all of...............1 ferral and 80 woodies with them.........

They will pull birds in.................Today we managed another 4, in very poor condtions with hardly any birds up in the sky....the ones that were about were about 3 acres away....pulled a few over......

Im going to be getting some more to put on my bouncers...........

• 2 weeks later...

its not what they are built like that matters its what they can do ..now iv seen the hypaflaps against the standed pigeon on the magnet and the hypaflaps win hands down with out a dought ,we had two magnets 200 yrds apart but side by side and the hypaflaps pulled every bird that was coming in to us over to the hypaflaps..yes they do look **** in the box but cracking on the magnet ,well the pigeons think so

Simple aswer is YES.........thats what they are designed for............any comments about them just being useful for "ferrals" is a load of tosh.

hmmn "just usefull for ferrals" is this aimed at anyone in particular? or is it "your generalisation of the thread?

My factual!!! use of the terminator ie a similar "spinney wing thing" that cost me £100 and a bigger watse of money I have yet to come accross, was that it drew ferrals in very very well, it did sod all for woodie and his mates I ended up not bothering with it? this is MY experience not hear say ./ make believe its MY FACTUAL offering

The air pro demo on the site selling them shows FERRALS coming in does it not ? or do you want me to send you a bird identification book? and judging by my experience of "spinney wing things" am I a mile away in thinking the same will apply?

anyway I could not give a toss what you think but you will not stop me saying it as I find, and that is out of the "newer" stuff coming out, the hypa flaps do it for me, but hey if they dont rock your boat fair enough but for gods sake be gracious enough to accept other opinions on products and stop bleating on about gods gift to decoying, and blatantly pushing something I wont be buying?.

cheers KW

My experience, limited it may be, is that if there are ferals about they will decoy more readily to anything. Compared to woodies they are positively suicidal, so if anything, if X's or Y's latest offering doesn't pull ferals then it's not likely to attract the much more wary "proper" pigeon.

Don't think any test with meaningful results can be done to prove which is the best. Even though I'm a committed gadget freak (with the credit card statements to prove it) deep down I know the design is decoying me and not the birds.

Mr Potter

kdubya have you still got your Terminator? My mates after one if you thinking off selling?

I lent it out to "jonno 357" last october? I never bothered asking for it back? if he still has it and does not use it you are welcome to see if you can get hold of it. I dont want it.

cheers KW

Evo,

You've got nowt to lose mate 'cos you get a full refund if they don't work! :lol::yes:

For anyone concerned about the price of the Airpro Flappers you might just want to wait a few days because the new version will be arriving with us. Pictured above is the decoy before its flock coated which retails at about $9 in the States which equates to @ £5 sterling plus P&P

Murderous on Ferals or your money back!

i227462sq01.jpg

Im gonna wain for the new ones

My experience, limited it may be, is that if there are ferals about they will decoy more readily to anything. Compared to woodies they are positively suicidal, so if anything, if X's or Y's latest offering doesn't pull ferals then it's not likely to attract the much more wary "proper" pigeon.

Don't think any test with meaningful results can be done to prove which is the best. Even though I'm a committed gadget freak (with the credit card statements to prove it) deep down I know the design is decoying me and not the birds.

Mr Potter

I know what you mean but as an example of how the terminator with spinning wings worked, I set it up almost but not under a woody flightline, closest point I could get to it, and in truth I felt I should be able to attract enough interest to give me some sport,

result (witnessed by my mate) was 40 ferrals in in no time and NO woodies,in the end after many many attempts with it I gave up, and as said never bothered with it again.

now recently I set up with my mate two magnets with hypa's, hoping to drag some woodies from a line that were going into a field of fallen wheat ( not our permission then but as ken wolstenholme once said "it is now") we dragged in enough to give us 66 in the bag and a lot missed!! some of the birds that came to the hypa's (remember we had nothing else out just two magnets with hypa's well spaced apart, between two fields of standing rape) came from bloody good distances, they saw the hypa's /magnets and locked on totally, since then I have had some of the biggest bags I have ever had, again using hypa's

oh and just to prove sometimes nothing will work the last time out we ended up taking them in, then back out, then back in until we said stuff it they dont want to play.

cheers KW

hmmn "just usefull for ferrals" is this aimed at anyone in particular? or is it "your generalisation of the thread?

KW.....no attack on you personaly buddy...............

Ive shot 1 ferral pigeon with this set up........This was the only ferral that I had into the pattern...............as I said mate.....Im no mass bagger.....but out of the around 100 birds that I have shot with it.......1 of them has been a ferral.

My factual is that these things work.....................they have pulled birds from off flight lines for me...........and I have shot birds where on occasions I honestly think that I would have been sitting there without any action.

I come from a carp fishing background where everyting bright and shiney is sold to you in the meaning that it will catch you bigger and better fish.........often its complete balls.............

I wouldnt promote anything / give my approval to anything that didnt work and would rip you off............

Proof is in the pudding................Im onto my second helping...............(0k............I shot my first lot.......)

anyone tryed the air pro flappers?, watching that video clip thats on the net , they seem to work well. I went out for the first time ever hide shooting on sunday, home made magnet , decoys ect, 6 hours and 1 pigeon :lol: , to be fare tho there wasnt many birds about, do you think the rapid flashing of white on the air pros would of helped to bring birds in from a greater distance? all info appreciated as im new to this sport, thanks :good:

i recieved my air pro flappers on friday went out on some wheat stubble that had just been wholecropped set them up and with in ten mins they were flocking in so in my view it was money well spent.

i recieved my air pro flappers on friday went out on some wheat stubble that had just been wholecropped set them up and with in ten mins they were flocking in so in my view it was money well spent.

Ahhhh, but you don't know whether they would have flocked in without them, or even more birds might have turned up.

That is always the problem with the newest "must have" item.

There is almost no scientific way to test its efficiency, especially over such a short time.

Sorry Lancs Lad, but I also feel that constant praising of a product (not method) by the same person, degrades it in my eyes, equally, I tend to ignore put downs of a product by a single individual.

If using red balloons on sticks gives you confidence and makes you feel better, go for it, say I. :lol:

Ahhhh, but you don't know whether they would have flocked in without them, or even more birds might have turned up.

There is almost no scientific way to test its efficiency, especially over such a short time.

Sorry Lancs Lad, but I also feel that constant praising of a product (not method) by the same person, degrades it in my eyes, equally, I tend to ignore put downs of a product by a single individual.

If using red balloons on sticks gives you confidence and makes you feel better, go for it, say I. :lol:

Do the red balloons have to have wings or do you just stick em on your magnet....... :good:

• 2 weeks later...

If using red balloons on sticks gives you confidence and makes you feel better, go for it, say I. ;)

are you being smutty cran?

;)

Dave K

• 2 weeks later...