air pro flappers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody tried the remote control ones yet??

There arent remote control ones mate..............

Unless someone is selling something else.

Well i hope there is remote controll ones cos im getting one mid september along with a load of sillosocks.

The air pros dont use any electronics mate..........they work off the wind power on your magnet.........

Are you on about the "terminator" or the Pigeon FLAPPER.

Myself and my friend bought a magnet and 2 x airpros.

i have to say we have had mixed results.

i think the magnet is a good addition to the kit and the airpros do look the nuts when viewed from a distance. if you are walking back to the truck for something and at about 100 yards look back, the sight you see is very impressive. i think they add a degree of movement to the pattern that is worthwhile.

if you are under a flightline on a good day and the birds are dropping in, i dont think a magnet offers a great deal of added benefit. it can pull in the stray birds that are a few hundred yards off, that previously looked like they had no intention of coming into the pattern. having said that i have experienced this over ordinary shell decoys.

yesterday is a case in point, we set-up at circa 7:30am and cut a lovely hide and made it look great with foliage in the camo scrim and all sorts - you could barely distinguish it from the rest of the under-growth. we sat there for about 3 hours and shot 4 birds. it was not a great day it seemed for pigeons, indeed the ones that were flying around and in the vicinity of our pattern, including magnet and air pros just are not interested.

about 11am we decided to find a new spot to set up, this is a place we have shot before on the farm in question and is only half a mile max from the aforementioned (and unsuccessful) spot. so we set-up, same deal, make a magnificent hide and sit there until about 3:30 for a sum of about 4 more birds - inc 2 ferals! this was with the magent and air pros.

by this stage we are a bit fed up, so we drive around for a bit and decide to try the corner of afield, not far from our first hide. we relalise we have left the magent battery at the previous location :oops: , so Tom jumps in my trooper, reverse and promptly drives over the (loose) wings of one of the air pros! he gets the battery, but we are naffed off by now and decide to give up. we just can not be ***** to build another hide.

i then say, well lets just open up the back of the trooper, cuck some camo scrim over the doors, so we have a "roof" and put up another bit of camo scrim infront of us and chuck half a dozen shell decoys in front.

net result - a further 8 woodies and a crow in one and half hours. best shooting we had all day.

so there you go, less IS some times more, but having said that, i would not be without the magnet now i have got it and have had good experieces with it.

its not essential though and i doubt whether Major Archie Coates ever had on in his day and think of all the hundreds, no THOUSANDS of pigeons he shot!

:lol:

Hi mate......delivery is upto 28 days as stated on the website.

Lads are dispatching them as soon as they come through the shop door. I know, as I have been giving them a hand over the last 3 weeks.

There is a fair amount of stuff to undertake in getting them out to you.

3 manufacturers invoved and flocking also.

When they first came out and after some press, there was a back log of orders and I think that these were cleared in about a month. Supply could not keep up with the demand.

1 bit of advice though, most of us have heard about them on here, there are a lot more people that read sporting shooter etc etc that might not even be on this forum. When the article goes in there next month the shop phone will be going mental.

Ive seen the phone call traffic just after adverts have gone out in the BASC mag.

So.........If you want em...............then get your order in now...........You never know........You might just get your air pros packed by the lancs....

Mods,,,,,,hope this is ok..............

Myself and my friend bought a magnet and 2 x airpros.

i have to say we have had mixed results.

i think the magnet is a good addition to the kit and the airpros do look the nuts when viewed from a distance. if you are walking back to the truck for something and at about 100 yards look back, the sight you see is very impressive. i think they add a degree of movement to the pattern that is worthwhile.

if you are under a flightline on a good day and the birds are dropping in, i dont think a magnet offers a great deal of added benefit. it can pull in the stray birds that are a few hundred yards off, that previously looked like they had no intention of coming into the pattern. having said that i have experienced this over ordinary shell decoys.

yesterday is a case in point, we set-up at circa 7:30am and cut a lovely hide and made it look great with foliage in the camo scrim and all sorts - you could barely distinguish it from the rest of the under-growth. we sat there for about 3 hours and shot 4 birds. it was not a great day it seemed for pigeons, indeed the ones that were flying around and in the vicinity of our pattern, including magnet and air pros just are not interested.

about 11am we decided to find a new spot to set up, this is a place we have shot before on the farm in question and is only half a mile max from the aforementioned (and unsuccessful) spot. so we set-up, same deal, make a magnificent hide and sit there until about 3:30 for a sum of about 4 more birds - inc 2 ferals! this was with the magent and air pros.

by this stage we are a bit fed up, so we drive around for a bit and decide to try the corner of afield, not far from our first hide. we relalise we have left the magent battery at the previous location :good: , so Tom jumps in my trooper, reverse and promptly drives over the (loose) wings of one of the air pros! he gets the battery, but we are naffed off by now and decide to give up. we just can not be ***** to build another hide.

i then say, well lets just open up the back of the trooper, cuck some camo scrim over the doors, so we have a "roof" and put up another bit of camo scrim infront of us and chuck half a dozen shell decoys in front.

net result - a further 8 woodies and a crow in one and half hours. best shooting we had all day.

so there you go, less IS some times more, but having said that, i would not be without the magnet now i have got it and have had good experieces with it.

its not essential though and i doubt whether Major Archie Coates ever had on in his day and think of all the hundreds, no THOUSANDS of pigeons he shot!

:)

Weave.......Which wing was it that you mate drove over......................I may have a spare one.................as I accidently erm.........shot one of my air pros......

anyone tryed the air pro flappers?, watching that video clip thats on the net , they seem to work well. I went out for the first time ever hide shooting on sunday, home made magnet , decoys ect, 6 hours and 1 pigeon :lol: , to be fare tho there wasnt many birds about, do you think the rapid flashing of white on the air pros would of helped to bring birds in from a greater distance? all info appreciated as im new to this sport, thanks :lol:

I have had these Air Pros decoys x4 for a short while now and have found them to work on WOODIES & FERREL Pigeons. Been out over the last month after the crops where cut and have been getting good results with them. I put mine onto bouncers as they do not have the bracket fitted to them so that you can clamp them on to the rotary. Most days i dont use the rotary now as i find this has been putting them of (Glare!!)

Just got back in tonight after been on a wheat stubble cut two days ago and there was loads of Pigeons MIXED flying in down towards the bottom of the field where i could not set up as it is close to the main road so i set my self with wind behind me at the top where i should be any how. Once i got my hide set up first then a horse shoe patteren out last with shell decoys on Z bouncen sticks then lastly my x4 Air Pros on bouncers I HAD TO RUN BACK TO THE HIDE i grabbed my Shot Gun loaded it and pulled the trigger x2 O/U Bettinsoli down came 2 Woodies - They came in none stop both Woodies & Ferrel for 3 hours with short breaks in between each shot - I have gone through 200 6`s 32Gr and shot (picked) 188 Pigeons mostly Woodies but alot of Ferrels too.

I SAY THEY WORK for WOODIES & FERRELS too.

• 2 weeks later...
Two things Dr.

I thought you were selling them on flea bay.

You only missed 12 out of 200 shots ? With a kill ratio of 94 % you are either a fantasist or George Digweed.

I was NOT selling these "AIR PRO" decoys on FLEE BAY (Hypa Flappers) was what i was selling - That subject is now CLOSED ask WILL.

As to my kill ratio, you either can or you cant shoot & i can - Even got trophys and medals to proove it. :) :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on how these air pro's are going. I had a problem with the flocking, but the nice man at the suppliers sent me replacements foc. Only problem is I haven't had them out of the box due to the fact that the last few times I have been out shooting there has been no wind ( i don't use them on the magnet) so just interested to hear how the rest of you are getting on with them.