morning woodland walk!

eastdevon

After having a couple of weeks away from the field . . . Thanks to the wife and her get this done get that done yap yap yap! I finally managed to get away for a couple of hours in some woodland, got there just before sun started to rise and got myself comfortable. Decided to give the pump an airing too! Oh how I love the pump lol!! So there I was all relaxed with fag in gob coffee in hand and not a bird to be heard or even seen not even Mr tree rat either! Was sat there for an hour enjoying myself watching all the song birds going about there morning flight and not forgetting the really close encounter with mr Buzzard when I thought ****** this I think it time I changed position in woods. So there I was tilting my head back sipping the last of my coffee when I happen to look across at a nearby tree to see sat there on branch Mr magpie...... BOOM mmmm that's his medicine given! After that all hell broke loose! Crows, rooks, pigeons, magpies were coming from all angles and on the odd occasion I couldn't keep the gun loaded long enough, sadly though my tine had run out and it was time to pack up collect up and head on home. What I initially thought was going to be just a nice relaxing morning in the woods having the odd shot ended with a pile of 13 rooks, 7 crows, 2 magpies oh and a rather fat squirrel!! Yes I saw pigeons but ******** if I could hit one!!!