mole trapping price

AberFowl

Depends on many things. A big company with trained, licenced pest control operatives would possibly charge a lot more than a part time mole trapper who does it as a second income, or like myself, to supplement my pension. And there are many different ways to price the job up. Personally for garden jobs I do a simple calculation based on how far I have to travel plus a set fee. For farm jobs I just give the farmer a price that reflects the work required. I don't charge per mole because if I were a customer I wouldn't be happy at hiring somebody to do a job when I don't know how much it would cost me. I've done jobs and taken 17 moles out of a garden in three visits and on a similar job just had 3. It all depends on time of year, neighbouring infestations and humidity of the soil amongst other aspects. So, if I charged say €20 per mole, one customer would have paid €340 and the other €60 for basically the same result.

Out here in rural France I have no competition. But you can only charge what the customer is prepared to pay so that is your price ceiling. If you have competition then you have to charge the market rate if you want the business. And the main thing is to be efficient and reliable if you want repeat business and referrals. These days I hardly advertise and my job diary for this month is virtually the same customer names as the same month last year.

a farmer i know pays a annual charge of £165 a private garden pays £10 per mole

£10 per mole for agricultural ain't too bad, but for gardens :hmm:

I've got two jobs running at the moment, both around 30 miles from home and both will yield 3 moles each. Diesel is around €33, tax is 13.3% on receipts with nothing allowed against expenses. So on ten quid a mole I draw £60 / €70, less €33 diesel (three visits) and €9 tax leaving me €28 for 5 hours travelling and work? :no:

I'll actually draw €260, less the same €33 diesel but with €34 tax.

When I do farm work, bearing in mind that I'll only do up to roughly 50 to 60 traps, I charge a set rate of €200 / €225 or €100 and a lamb carcase.

£10 per mole for agricultural ain't too bad, but for gardens :hmm:

I've got two jobs running at the moment, both around 30 miles from home and both will yield 3 moles each. Diesel is around €33, tax is 13.3% on receipts with nothing allowed against expenses. So on ten quid a mole I draw £60 / €70, less €33 diesel (three visits) and €9 tax leaving me €28 for 5 hours travelling and work? :no:

I'll actually draw €260, less the same €33 diesel but with €34 tax.

When I do farm work, bearing in mind that I'll only do up to roughly 50 to 60 traps, I charge a set rate of €200 / €225 or €100 and a lamb carcase.

I think your prices are reasonable, I farm and would be happy to pay someone that gets the job done.

I think your prices are reasonable, I farm and would be happy to pay someone that gets the job done.

I couldn't make a living out of the farm jobs. I only do them in quiet periods when there isn't as much garden work coming in. If the diary is quiet I ring the farmers and prostitute myself to get a bit of work. I'll do five or six hours on the Monday setting the traps then its two easy days Wednesday and Friday checking and lifting them. Usually takes an hour and a half on Wednesday and a couple of hours on Friday, then its off fishing for the rest of the day :)