Off to the USA

TIGHTCHOKE

Lauri Love the hacker is getting closer to being extradited to America.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/14/amber-rudd-approves-lauri-love-extradition-to-us-on-hacking-charges

Shame his father didn't give him better values!

The guy has aspergers. People with it see the world in a different way to those without. Thats why they can often see opprtunities and things that don't even cross the minds of others. Possibly why some of the most successful business people have the condition. I very much doubt his Fathers values would me a factor.

For an alleged crime committed on British soil. I'm not sure I buy into rolling over to the US like this, no chance they'd extradite in a reverse situation.

Agreed but at the end of the day he broke the law and still needs to go through court be it here or the US.

If they had any sense they'd give him a job!

A man who's mind works in such a way that he can hack into some of the most secure defence networks in the world and they want to lock him up.

I'd be throwing money and offers at the guy.

Plenty of former "Black Hats" have become "White Hats". I believe some have done so to escape prosection.

There's an interesting show called Cyberwar that deals with hacking, it addresses both sides of the "industry". Well worth a watch if you can track it down. Especially the episode about the Stuxnet virus.

The guy has aspergers. People with it see the world in a different way to those without. Thats why they can often see opprtunities and things that don't even cross the minds of others. Possibly why some of the most successful business people have the condition. I very much doubt his Fathers values would me a factor.

In that case does the aspergers negate the wrongdoing?

Does the aspergers mean he is unable to know what is right or wrong?

I accept that often these people can be computer geniuses and that employing him to find weaknesses would be a good idea.

I accept that often these people can be computer geniuses and that employing him to find weaknesses would be a good idea.

I would question whether very successful people have Asbergers also! They often (but not always) have problems with relationships etc and struggle in life.

People with borderline personality disorder / psychopathic tendencies tend to do well in business because they have no emotions and are ruthless, likely to do almost anything to get ahead!

I would say quite the opposite my oldest son is 22 now and has aspergers people who have it tend not to see grey area's ie black is black white is white or as is more on point right is right WRONG is wrong

Phil has always had a job he's an instrument fitter he hold a shot gun cert and you'd never know anything was wrong with him

Well there isn't

He has never and refuses to use his condition as an excuse or a crutch

Cant see a problem tbh... he will get a fair hearing and probably the medical treatment he needs but cant get here.

I'm sure if the situation was in reverse and some Harvard undergrad with psychological issues had hacked into sensitive Government information we would all be baying for his head.

The problem is its totally their fault not his for not having the appropriate level of security in place.

Really? So it's acceptable to break the law if someone has less than perfect security procedures? Pretty sure my local post offices and banks don't have bullet proof glass in place. So by that logic I'm ok to break out the pump action and grab myself a few grand over the counter?

Really? So it's acceptable to break the law if someone has less than perfect security procedures? Pretty sure my local post offices and banks don't have bullet proof glass in place. So by that logic I'm ok to break out the pump action and grab myself a few grand over the counter?

No but if you get burgled and you have gone out and left all the doors and windows open, see what your insurance company has to say about that. He wasn't some state sponsored Russian cyber criminal. He was a young lad with a few problems, if it was that easy the Americans should be glad he showed them the errors in their security. They were caught with their pants well and truly round their ankles

No but if you get burgled and you have gone out and left all the doors and windows open, see what your insurance company has to say about that. He wasn't some state sponsored Russian cyber criminal. He was a young lad with a few problems, if it was that easy the Americans should be glad he showed them the errors in their security. They were caught with their pants well and truly round their ankles

All security (at least cyber security) systems have holes in them. A clever hacker will always will be able to exploit a system either directly or indirectly. No system is perfect.

Look at the Iranian nuclear program that was kept on an isolated system and yet somehow became infected with the stuxnet virus. Either someone deliberately infected it or a human error was exploited to allow it to become infected.

It's possible to take reasonable precautions and yet still fall prey to a clever/determined hacker.

All security (at least cyber security) systems have holes in them. A clever hacker will always will be able to exploit a system either directly or indirectly. No system is perfect.

Totally agree, but from what I remember reading about this there really wasn't much clever going on. I wonder how much of the want to extradite is over the embarrassment of how easily he did what he did.

Totally agree, but from what I remember reading about this there really wasn't much clever going on. I wonder how much of the want to extradite is over the embarrassment of how easily he did what he did.

I think you may do him an injustice. Very often people who are sadly blighted with mental inadequacies have compensatory superpowers. ! I had a down syndrome cousin whose ability to recall facts and images from one read of a magazine 6 weeks later, was scarily staggering.

Perhaps they might want him to gate-crash the Russian party and disarm all their nukes on line and this is just a ruse to head hunt him.