4 Boar for 5 Shots

Dougy

Info,

Rifles is a clapped out old Browning Abolt in the "mighty" caliber (for the lesser mortals on here it's a 30.06) the projectile was a 150 grain SST. Quite funny when the beater says it's not heavy enough, as we're standing over a very dead Boar just 2 points off a Bronze. Swarovski 3-12 Z4i. A decent heart lung shot which stopped him about 150yds from my position and probably 100yds from the shot point.None of the other's moved far after the shot apart from a little roll from another heavy weight Boar. The country is Croatia, area not 100% but a little near the Hungary boarder.

I was not sure how many were actually in that group, I'd hazard a guess at about 15. I was quite aware of a small group of maybe 3 that split from them and went towards my right, hence me flashing back from the main train. I didn't want bowling over by a big fat hairy 4x4 muscle bound unhappy piggy.

One of the best trips and best organised I've seen, the beaters looked and found every Boar shot, and the detail tracking was like something out of CSI.

Those 4 bumped my total for the weekend to 11 I think. :-)

Great trip and video. The anticipation puts up the pulse rate :good:

I heard the rustling in the copice in front of me and saw the high branches wave about, believe me it gets your heart thumping, you hear it when you have electronic ear defenders on.

Well done Dougy. :good::good:

Thank you old man, I have a note from the Dr for last week. I was a tad busy.

• 3 weeks later...