Cod Fishing

Hedgewizard

I fished Dorset last week, nothing but pouting! Bait thieves

Fished there end of september had loads to although i did get a cod of six and a half pound at burton bradstock under the cliffs,had a week off as its been hectic this year with work did find black lug to be a good bait had, dogs, pout, eels, and a coalfish not to mention the hounds we had 4 all on worm.Hoping to go back next year and fish for the plaice at west bexington they say thats the hotspot,your rite though the pouts do try your patience.

Been chasing them down in the Severn near bristol just one small one to date but back chasing in a couple of weeks

will have a go myself as soon as i get more time we fish lowerstoft north beach after christmas and have down well problem is getting your gear back although i did buy 2 shimano trindad 14,s last year which are the best ive used to date but not cheap.

Just purchased a fathom 15 reel and that cast and retrieves a treat using a daiwa supercast and a channel special rod

Going to get a 2nd fathom soon

Fished SB Avonmouth and new passage so far some cod are starting to come

Have a look fb bristol Severn fishing

Scotland wildfowling this week and then back chasing the cod in a fortnight time can't wait

Just purchased a fathom 15 reel and that cast and retrieves a treat using a daiwa supercast and a channel special rod

Going to get a 2nd fathom soon

Fished SB Avonmouth and new passage so far some cod are starting to come

Have a look fb bristol Severn fishing

Scotland wildfowling this week and then back chasing the cod in a fortnight time can't wait

Hi yes ive had a look at the fathoms look a nice reel easy to mag up to if you wanted to, do you no much about the anyfish anywhere rods the match pro has a good rite up but havnt seen any one using one yet to have a better look,supercast are a good rod, got 2 fox envoy surf rods which are like the daiwa awb 129,s realy nice rod also a pair of tip tornado match rods for the rough ground fishing loads of grunt and a stiffer tip than the envoys,good luck with the wildfowling and let me no when you start hauling the cod should be a few around soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...