Dog Owners

Davyo

Why do the have them if they leave them in all day barking their tits off! Dam mut next doors been going at it since 9:30 this morning.Normally its just thrown out into the garden all day every day with a bowl of that dry food **** and a biwl of water.

Every now and again they go out and leave the thing barking all day long in the house.In the 10years or so they have had it (black spanial) we have never seen it taken out for a walk.Every six months they might take it upon them selves to shovel up all the ****.I thought there was some kind of vetting procedure when you purchase a dog.

Unfortunately there is no vetting procedure for dog ownership, although it is often applied when getting a rescue dog, to a point anyway.

My neighbours have a beautiful beagle, which being a scent hound it needs to be out having a good run and picking up scents.

Unfortunately it's a garden dog with the very occasional walk. I often take it out with mine but it is so poorly trained that walking her is an arduous chore.

They are planning on pupping her next year which they feel will be heaven. All these puppies running about the place. They don't have time for one dog, never mind a host of puppies.

Don't get me wrong, they are friendly and approachable people and never intentionally hurt the dog, they just don't understand her specific needs.

I am surprised Davyo that you have left it so long before now. Have you spoken to the owners about the barking. Barking like that all day could mean that there may be an underlying condition. I am sure that a good percentage of the PW members are dog owners themselves, I for one would not have tolerated that happening for one year let alone 10.

As having been a previous breeder we used to vet all the new prospective owners usually by asking a couple of lifestyle questions and we also requested that if they were interested in a pup to come and visit us and the litter when the pups were around 4-6 weeks old. The last thing we wanted was a new pup to be left on its own for long periods throughout the day even though we had no say in the matter after the pups left us they could have told us anything to pass the vetting, and yes we did refuse to sell to people a couple of times because we felt that they could not give the pup the attention that is needed.

My next door neighbour went away once for a long weekend and left their Westie access to the garden via a dog flap, plenty of water and a auto feeder.

It barked incessantly from Friday evening all through the night and was still barking Saturday afternoon when I called the police. They called the RSPCA andbetween them they accessed the property and took the dog away. It was actually bleeding from the throat and was totally hoarse when they rescued it, as well as being completely traumatised by the whole thing

They were given a warning but still did the same thing 6 months later.

I hit the roof and really fired into them about it...its a bloody disgrace...some people just don't have the basic intelligence to take charge of animals Im afraid.

Had this problem years ago, the owner didn't give a monkeys. So I took advantage of the cheap damaged goods shelf from work, it was ridiculously cheap. I'd bring this guff home cook it with our scoff and lob it over the fence, all good stuff nothing nasty. The dog loved it, it shut it up and helped it sleep, but man did that dog get fat. Of course numpty the neighbour never knew, so he couldn't understand how this bull terrier was the size of a cow and crapped 10 times a day!. Never seen a dog hog down spaghetti so quick, we still laugh about it now.

Pistol P should have put some laxatives in for when it goes in the house lol

Neighbours cats keep crapping in the front garden 😳

Have read some people give them bloody anti freeze (horrible way to go!!)

I might have to give them some laxatives though and see how the owners like having cat **** all over their property!

Our new neighbour (they back on to our house so not same street) moved in and then left the two dogs all day. One howled it's head off and I felt sorry for it but did that get on our nerves. So I erected a sign...YOUR DOGS HOWL ALL DAY. In the evening I got a knock on the door from the owner who was most apologetic. He emplyed an animal psychiatrist to have words with them and it's been OK since.

Pistol P should have put some laxatives in for when it goes in the house lol

Neighbours cats keep crapping in the front garden

Have read some people give them bloody anti freeze (horrible way to go!!)

I might have to give them some laxatives though and see how the owners like having cat **** all over their property!

Just feed the perpetrating cat loads of cheap scoff. Cat won't shiitee where they eat.