Time to retire

Adge Cutler

Jim Kerr

Just watched him sing live on strictly.... one word Darrrrliiing three syllables.... Terr ib le !

sounded like a bloke they just dragged in from the nearest amusement arcade.

I started to watch a recent Simple Minds gig on the BBC Red Button. I was very disappointed and hit the off button within minutes. Fortunately I have my CDs of their finest hours. For Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music it's mostly vinyl.

I walked into the room heard the singing and though who the hell is that he is dire, then when he turned round from his walking prance about saw it was Jim Kerr. If you watch him on strictly then listen to him in his day you wouldn't think it was the same fella. I f he was a busker you would pay him to shut up.

as another has said Brian Ferry is now past it, i watched him at Glastonbury and he was so bad my wife a fan of his since her teens asked me to turn it off and find some one else to watch. I think Suggs is the same lost it and crikey Paul McCartney wants banning from ever singing again. :lol:

As for the regular to live bands who think they are great all i can say is their hearing must be knackered

Edited by figgy

Jim Kerr

Just watched him sing live on strictly.... one word Darrrrliiing three syllables.... Terr ib le !

sounded like a bloke they just dragged in from the nearest amusement arcade.

Yes I agree ..... Also who is it that's voting for Ed Balls? ... Could it be the same people that voted for Remain in the referendum?

Oh dear. When I saw the title of the thread and noticed that it had been started by Adge Cutler I thought that he was announcing his retirement from the forum. This would certainly have meant that there would be less PW members getting hot under the collar at some of his posts.

Alas that does not seem to be the case.

Oh dear. When I saw the title of the thread and noticed that it had been started by Adge Cutler I thought that he was announcing his retirement from the forum. This would certainly have meant that there would be less PW members getting hot under the collar at some of his posts.

Alas that does not seem to be the case.

:lol::lol: Et tu Brutus...

You seem to take an unhealthy interest in my posts ...not thinking of putting yourself up as a moderator are you :hmm:

Yes I appreciate that...I was going to Type You too Brutus :yes:

But I thought someone would correct me to You To Brute, which would also have been wrong when it should have been et tū, Brūte :lol:

In English, it would be "You too, Brutus?", because the verb case endings don't change in this instance.

Aha! Just discovered that I can, in fact, produce the right characters for "et tū, Brūte?" on my phone. Every day is a school day... :D

I agree, Jim sounded awful! I saw them live earlier this year and they were brilliant.

I don't think "Don't you " works as an acoustic song, he's plugging a new acoustic album at the moment. The studio version of "Don't you" from the new album is on YouTube and it's not a patch on the original.

Edited by chrisv

Yes I appreciate that...I was going to Type You too Brutus :yes:

But I thought someone would correct me to You To Brute, which would also have been wrong when it should have been et tū, Brūte :lol:

in norfolk it would have been..."blast ole parrtner , wot yew an' all".....i think all of shakespears work should be transleted intu norfick.......that ad sound a lort betta

In English, it would be "You too, Brutus?", because the verb case endings don't change in this instance.

Aha! Just discovered that I can, in fact, produce the right characters for "et tū, Brūte?" on my phone. Every day is a school day... :D

Verb case endings?? You (pron) too (adv), Brutus (n)? Are we not talking vocatives here? (Brute being vocative of Brutus.)

Yes, every day's a school-day.....