Bread and dropping

Lloyd90

Hey Kyska. You're still alive. After you ate her dinner the other night, I thought that you might have been spit roasted. You didn't come back to the thread to tell us of what happened.

Oh crikey! Of course.

It was eventless, I got asked if I ate it all, then I got sent out 10 miles to get a Chinese takeaway for her.

I don't think it so much what you eat as what you do after you've eaten it. If you eat bread and dripping then sit on your back side chances are your going to get a bit porky, go and do a day of manual work as most of our fathers and grand fathers did your probably not going to put on much weight.

ps I remember having bread and dripping as a kid mmmm

Pork dripping, the muckier the better. Used to have it in Castle Market in Sheffield with my Dad whilst my mum went to marks and spencer to do her posh shop.

Thick white bread toast, dripping, salt and a mug of tea. Pure heaven.

I'll still do a fatty leg or shoulder of pork now for the crackling and dripping alone, although I eat the lot.

My old man grew up in an era when cod roe, liver, kidneys etc. were considered luxury.

But dripping was the best. It's still my most favourite food.

Edited by Duckandswing

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh cod roe its bloody fantastic up here in north wales nobody eats it my missis asked in morrisons one day the manager said he would se if he could get some couple days later phone call hi missis got a stone of it.we was down morrisons like lighting picked ig up my missis spent all morrning boiling it the cutting up to freeze it down that manager as sadly left new one is a missrable bxxxxxx no more roe sadly mist.

Just done good full English breakfasts for some friends from Texas and they just could not get their heads around fried bread ..... mind they didn't leave any :yes:

Way back when, just after the war, a slice of bread and 'real' beef dripping ...... you know, where you could dig down into that brown jelly in the bottom of the basin, was dished out for a quick lunch time snack. Unless you produce your own these days, rare to find the real thing and rare to see a large 5lb joint of beef with a lump of fat on top roasted, so producing the real beef dripping. I was very lucky back then, in the 40s and early 50s being raised on a farm.