France & Germany politic

ditchman

59 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

think to call it a belief in a master race is a hell of a stretch.  Just a quiet confidence

A quiet confidence? Could be construed as an inherent superiority complex, certainly something I noticed in my travels in Germany in the 90 s. 

A belief that you are better than others, is certainly not a 'long stretch' away from the accusation. 

By that token, you could level the same accusation at Brits, Scots and Welsh. 

Through my business and social interactions in Germany I have certainly witnessed, with few exceptions, a difference in attitudes between those from the North and those from the South.

My views might be influenced in part by indoctrination from my father who believed that Germans were either extremely decent and "nice" or pretty much the complete opposite.

Professionally speaking they certainly can be prone to an air of superiority complex, perhaps from this notion of them being "better" Engineers than the rest of the world, except in the field of software engineering where they are undeniably, at best, very average.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

A quiet confidence? Could be construed as an inherent superiority complex, certainly something I noticed in my travels in Germany in the 90 s. 

A belief that you are better than others, is certainly not a 'long stretch' away from the accusation. 

By that token, you could level the same accusation at Brits, Scots and Welsh. 

Particularly by those that feel inferior. 

Ref IT I agree their web pages are often dismal.

There has been a tv programme for kids "der sendung mit der maus" for donkeys years on german tv showing how things are made from pencils to planes so it appears to stimulate an interest in engineering.  Here is a link.                                                                                            https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=der+sendung+mit+der+maus