Nigel farage as our Ambassador to the US

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't be any worse than Blair was as the Middle East Peace Envoy.

When you think about it, it's actually pretty sick, that a man who is solely responsible for more deaths than anyone else in the EU happening in the middle east, and he's now raking it in as a peace envoy.

As for farage well he's a hero and I'm sure history will hold him in the highest regard.

I can think of several reasons why it shouldn't happen:-

1. Mr Farage is currently interim leader of a political party which is in opposition to the U.K. government and he is therefore not in a position to represent

said government.

2. The suggestion has come from President Elect Donald J Trump, racist, misogynist, bully and full-time stranger to decency and truth, a man who blithely

thinks that he if unsays all the offensive rhetoric of his campaign the world will forgive and forget and think he's really not a bad chap after all. Anyone with

any sense and integrity (i.e. not Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, et al) ought to be keeping their distance rather than cosying up.

3. The last thing we need is to be represented at any level by the self-preening, narcissistic Mr Farage who sped over to the USA to ingratiate

himself with the Disaster-in-Waiting.

I realise that my last remark will go down very badly with those members of Pigeon Watch who comprise the Nigel Farage and Donald J Trump fan-clubs,

and who regularly contribute paeans of admiration for their heroes. Fume away, ladies and gentlemen. I stand by my views and I believe that, in the fullness of time, history's judgements on Nige and Don will be far from glowing.

I couldn't have put that better myself.

The problem is it is PC namby pamby thinking people like you that have got the world in to the mess that we have today where most people are just plain frightend to say what they really think as the likes of you will insult them you are the problem my fried not Trump.

Well, after I had come to terms with you calling me "my fried", whatever that might be, I thought I'd give you the opportunity to explain to your avid readers why it should be deemed namby pamby to take issue with President Elect Donald J Trump's unsavoury behaviour and attitudes, and with Mr Farage's narcissism, which he re-emphasised earlier by venting his disappointment at the government's failure to see him in the same promising light as does his new best friend Don.

Perhaps now that I am your "fried" you will be able to elaborate on what you mean by "the likes of you". You will, of course, be speaking from a position of complete ignorance as you in fact know nothing about me.

For the record, I am not ashamed to say what I think. I value truth and honesty. For the avoidance of doubt, though, there is a world of difference between truth and candour, plainly but respectfully expressed, and the baseless prejudice and empty bombastic rhetoric that are the hallmarks of those who constantly seek to place all blame for the shortcomings of our imperfect world upon those whose skin-colour, religious beliefs, or traditions differ from their own.

I suspect - and I say "suspect", because I do not know you (although I am your "fried"), that you are one of the many people who, in common with their counterparts in the USA, have been seduced into believing that the recent political changes will "make our country great again". I am afraid that I do not share your confidence, but remain cautiously optimistic that the common decency of the vast majority of people in both countries will see us through.

Well, after I had come to terms with you calling me "my fried", whatever that might be, I thought I'd give you the opportunity to explain to your avid readers why it should be deemed namby pamby to take issue with President Elect Donald J Trump's unsavoury behaviour and attitudes, and with Mr Farage's narcissism, which he re-emphasised earlier by venting his disappointment at the government's failure to see him in the same promising light as does his new best friend Don.

Perhaps now that I am your "fried" you will be able to elaborate on what you mean by "the likes of you". You will, of course, be speaking from a position of complete ignorance as you in fact know nothing about me.

For the record, I am not ashamed to say what I think. I value truth and honesty. For the avoidance of doubt, though, there is a world of difference between truth and candour, plainly but respectfully expressed, and the baseless prejudice and empty bombastic rhetoric that are the hallmarks of those who constantly seek to place all blame for the shortcomings of our imperfect world upon those whose skin-colour, religious beliefs, or traditions differ from their own.

I suspect - and I say "suspect", because I do not know you (although I am your "fried"), that you are one of the many people who, in common with their counterparts in the USA, have been seduced into believing that the recent political changes will "make our country great again". I am afraid that I do not share your confidence, but remain cautiously optimistic that the common decency of the vast majority of people in both countries will see us through.

:good:

Rapidly becoming fried material. :lol:

Edited by Hamster

A bit like the SNP then

Well after reading this ,some of comments on here about this I dont know ? Some folks and on hear think its a no go'er mmmmmmm but i'm begining to think it just may a good idear ,,why you my ask? Well he is the only one

from the UK who is doing ,,,who is making friends and who is getting on with the US and it is showing up our PM and showing her how to do it ,,,bloody good luck to him . In fact he could be very good at it so dont knock it .

It IS a no-goer as Mr Farage is, for a number of reasons identified in this thread, NOT ELIGIBLE for the role. And, as a politician, he himself should be quite aware of the fact. That being the case, why is he making a fuss about it?

And as for "getting on with the US" and "showing up our PM", let's just consider for a moment. Did Mr Farage visit in any official capacity? No. He scuttled off across the Atlantic in true egotist-opportunist style to do a bit of mutual ego-massage with his new best friend, Don.

The only person Nige is "showing up" is himself.

You've lost me there, I'm afraid.

the baseless prejudice and empty bombastic rhetoric that are the hallmarks of those who constantly seek to place all blame for the shortcomings of our imperfect world upon those whose skin-colour, religious beliefs, or traditions differ from their own.

Does this help - the "Braveheart effect"

Edited by Yellow Bear

the baseless prejudice and empty bombastic rhetoric that are the hallmarks of those who constantly seek to place all blame for the shortcomings of our imperfect world upon those whose skin-colour, religious beliefs, or traditions differ from their own.

No, I'm afraid it doesn't really. I haven't noticed skin-colour or religious belief figuring that prominently in Scottish politics.

The Scots are actually quite tolerant of other races, and tend to keep their religious bigotry to themselves so that the Catholics and Protestants of the south-west have something to occupy themselves with at the week-ends.

No, I'm afraid it doesn't really. I haven't noticed skin-colour or religious belief figuring that prominently in Scottish politics.

The Scots are actually quite tolerant of other races, and tend to keep their religious bigotry to themselves so that the Catholics and Protestants of the south-west have something to occupy themselves with at the week-ends.

I think he was referring more to the black highlighted comment rather than everything in red, and with regard to the "Catholics and Protestants of the south-west" its is not just in the south west of Scotland its pretty much all over the central belt and in some other areas of the country. I see it almost on a day to day basis working offshore and I am so glad that I moved away from the central belt and never had anything to do with the bull dust of it all.

I have no time for DT or NF. However aldivalloch, ​an obviously well educated person doesn't seem to understand human nature.

In my experience when you get obnoxious replies that belittle, ridicule and dismisses a large section of the community, you tend to get the proverbial middle finger at the ballot box. Bearing in mind that we humans do so love to cut our noses off to spite our faces, you'd think the smugly self satisfied, superior elites that infest the upper echelons of society would grasp that fact.

No amount of spin, fear mongering or ridicule will hold sway at the ballot box these days. The days of media/political manipulation and control have been neutered by social media.

Welcome to the new reality :)

Atb

Edited by achosenman

In my experience when you get obnoxious replies that belittle, ridicule and dismisses a large section of the community, you tend to get the proverbial middle finger at the ballot box. Bearing in mind that we humans do so love to cut our noses off to spite our faces, you'd think the smugly self satisfied, superior elites that infest the upper echelons of society would grasp that fact.

This.

The thing that gets me is that the super clever intellectual elites who now fill pages on line telling the rest of the world what a mistake the thick blue collar racists have made both in voting for Brexit and Trump, never actually got round to factoring in that their own "very clever vote" would be matched or cancelled out by someone less intelligent voting the other way because they just felt like it. With that knowledge you would have thought that they would have paid more attention to include or cater for those they now seek to deride and yet who are now the majority.

I remember pre-brexit a patronising pseudo intellectual spelling out why he was voting for remain; pages and pages and the intellectualisation of all the issues which resulted in his voting to remain. I merely mentioned that the vote of road sweeper who rightly or wrongly was voting for Brexit just because didn't like being a stranger in his own City would cancel his vote out. Oh how I chuckled; no one likes democracy when their not on the winning side.

This.

The thing that gets me is that the super clever intellectual elites who now fill pages on line telling the rest of the world what a mistake the thick blue collar racists have made both in voting for Brexit and Trump, never actually got round to factoring in that their own "very clever vote" would be matched or cancelled out by someone less intelligent voting the other way because they just felt like it. With that knowledge you would have thought that they would have paid more attention to include or cater for those they now seek to deride and yet who are now the majority.

I remember pre-brexit a patronising pseudo intellectual spelling out why he was voting for remain; pages and pages and the intellectualisation of all the issues which resulted in his voting to remain. I merely mentioned that the vote of road sweeper who rightly or wrongly was voting for Brexit just because didn't like being a stranger in his own City would cancel his vote out. Oh how I chuckled; no one likes democracy when their not on the winning side.

now that i like ....how beautifully well put....and superb put down...its just "so end of"....excellent .. :good::good::good:

I have no time for DT or NF. However aldivalloch, ​an obviously well educated person doesn't seem to understand human nature.

No amount of spin, fear mongering or ridicule will hold sway at the ballot box these days. The days of media/political manipulation and control have been neutered by social media.

Welcome to the new reality :)

Atb

achosenman - you're absolutely right. And I'll never claim to understand human nature - I'm just a fascinated spectator.

I've seen the reaction you describe arising at local-election level when, as happens from time to time, some quite, eh, eccentric candidates emerge. I'm never surprised when they actually attract a substantial following at the ballot box - it's the electorate sending a message to the established order which says, "Look, this candidate is inept/bonkers/a fantasist/a liar/all of these. You know that and we know that. But right now he/she is vastly preferable to you!"

Of course, it's a dangerous game because just occasionally we find ourselves having to live and deal with the consequences of such a protest vote. It's the downside of democracy, I suppose, because democracy gives a powerful voice to the reckless angry and disaffected. Churchill called it "The worst form of government except for all the others."

To lighten the mood of the discussion, may I suggest that we start campaign for government by benign dictatorship? I'm available to take up the post, and of course I will commence my tenure by immediately removing the fee structure for FACs and SGCs.

Best regards!

I think he was referring more to the black highlighted comment rather than everything in red, and with regard to the "Catholics and Protestants of the south-west" its is not just in the south west of Scotland its pretty much all over the central belt and in some other areas of the country. I see it almost on a day to day basis working offshore and I am so glad that I moved away from the central belt and never had anything to do with the bull dust of it all.

bbl - thanks for the clarification. My eye was drawn to the red writing and I didn't read the rest properly.

I see you're in the Dornoch area. Moving there must have made leaving the Central Belt a bit less painful - it's beautiful, isn't it?