Few Photos of Birmingham

Fuji Shooter

Yep it's architecturally very modern and impressive! take the new library.......pity the council have to cut opening hours and close it regularly, including for nine days over Christmas because they employ insufficient staff to keep it open!

The council tax payers of Birmingham now have all these super modern buildings but cannot even get the leaves removed from the roads because the council who's job it is to provide public services would rather spend the money on building projects than employees!

Twice over the last three weeks I have emailed the council helpline to ask for the build up of leaves to be cleared from the public road in front of my house (Our neighbors and ourselves no longer collect and bag (even when using our own bags) them up ourselves as the council now classify leaves as garden waste and will not collect the bags unless we pay for them to be removed!...............and guess what? although the leaves are still knee deep outside, the council website has updated my report on their website as "completed"

But yep! lovely buildings!

Great pictures.

I love Brum and even had one of the Discs off the Debenhams store when i lived in Sutton.

There are some great stories of funding and developing the City.

Do you remember the bridge story between the Hyatt and the ICC where it was made too short for the gap :lol:

I remember the site of the ICC being sold to a developer for a huge price, bought back for a song when the developer went bust. :good:

Great pictures.

I love Brum and even had one of the Discs off the Debenhams store when i lived in Sutton.

There are some great stories of funding and developing the City.

Do you remember the bridge story between the Hyatt and the ICC where it was made too short for the gap :lol:

I remember the site of the ICC being sold to a developer for a huge price, bought back for a song when the developer went bust. :good:

Remember the one recently about the new tram track being off? spec or piste I'm not sure.

I bet the windows in the new library are so cheap to clean too.

Some nice pictures there of Birmingham city centre, they have put a lot of money into it over the last few years, its just a shame about the areas surrounding it.

I partially agree but it's not all Sparkhill and Perry Barr beyond the city centre, I'm in a part 3 miles out of town which is really rather nice and where my back gate leads directly to this:

The-Dawn-Chorus-28.jpg

For those who enjoyed the opening post try these links too, some great photographers in the city at the moment:

http://www.veritymilliganphotography.com/projects#/birmingham/

http://www.rossjukesphoto.co.uk/hnaojc993zww4n7lh34fknptx4bezm

http://www.thisisorb.com/brandbrum-winner-announcement/