Man that punched the baby.

digger

Reading the report makes me wonder what actually happened.

It directly makes you thing that he "punched" the tot twice "in the face and head" with an open fist. What's an open fist ?

Was it a bit of a cheeky tap/ cheek rub that the tots mother got the hump over. ?

If a chap that size PUNCHED a baby don't you think that more than a small mark would have been left.

And of course she looks like a very classy lady in the photo, no doubt courtesy of a bit of advice from the prosecution, just an assumption of course.

+1. I think there is more to this than just the black and white of what is reported.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the report makes me wonder what actually happened.

It directly makes you thing that he "punched" the tot twice "in the face and head" with an open fist. What's an open fist ?

Was it a bit of a cheeky tap/ cheek rub that the tots mother got the hump over. ?

If a chap that size PUNCHED a baby don't you think that more than a small mark would have been left.

And of course she looks like a very classy lady in the photo, no doubt courtesy of a bit of advice from the prosecution, just an assumption of course.

+1. I think there is more to this than just the black and white of what is reported

cant agree with either of you on this,nobody has the right to touch another persons child/baby even if just in play.his defence that he thought it was a doll is totally rediculous ask yourself what would your reaction be to some stranger that took it upon themselves to slap your child or their toys as they whimmed.

I am not saying that he was in the right. But should he be hung, drawn and quartered if all he did was touch the baby? IMO he did cross the line and was punished for it. I don't believe he 'punched' the baby as was reported and perhaps the magistrate believed him and the fine was therefore appropriate.

I am not saying that he was in the right. But should he be hung, drawn and quartered if all he did was touch the baby? IMO he did cross the line and was punished for it. I don't believe he 'punched' the baby as was reported and perhaps the magistrate believed him and the fine was therefore appropriate.

Exactly.

Just think about it. The word "punch" in this case I think was a fair way over exaggerated.

While i am fully in favour of the death penalty, flogging,transportation and victorian prisons being the "maximum standard" , on the face of it i believe that this incident is a simple and tragic if inadvised accident where an older chap was interacting with/trying to joke with the 7 year old Girl and mistook her 5 day old sibling for a doll.

look - on the route i take the dog for a walk we have passed probably a dozen times what is either a very young mum with a baby in a pushchair or a teenage girl with special needs playing with a lifesize doll in a pushair and i couldn't tell you which it is ? To be honest i don't get that close either way as the combination makes my terrier bark and snarl act as if young mother /special needs girl and her offspring/doll were both rats! but it does demonstrate that the mistake is possible?

I wonder how come this got to court?

He first denied making contact with the baby and then changed his mind, saying it wasn't a punch. I did not read about him refuting the size of the mark on the baby's face. The Magistrate dismissed his claim about thinking the baby was a doll. I would not describe him as an honest man, who immediately admitted his gross error. The man is one slice short of a full loaf.

A five day old baby, still with a fragile scull, gets punched, flicked, slapped by an adult. If he didn't know what he was hitting, he should not have hit it. He doesn't appear to know right from wrong.

As for it not going to court - he is fortunate to be getting away with a junior fine.

I tend to think that anyone who does things like this ok they should be punished in some way but to do something like that they must have some sort of mental problem so would it not be a good idea to treat them and try and find out why he did it and maybe stop him doing something similar in future.

I AM SO P*&*&D OFF WITH THIS VICTIM CULTURE !!!

If you do the crime you should do the time. It doesn't matter if you're sober, drunk , on drugs or mental ,

people with a mental health issue should be treated, but If you are so ill you don't know right from wrong you should be in a padded cell anyway .

Edited by wascal

He first denied making contact with the baby and then changed his mind, saying it wasn't a punch. I did not read about him refuting the size of the mark on the baby's face. The Magistrate dismissed his claim about thinking the baby was a doll. I would not describe him as an honest man, who immediately admitted his gross error. The man is one slice short of a full loaf.

A five day old baby, still with a fragile scull, gets punched, flicked, slapped by an adult. If he didn't know what he was hitting, he should not have hit it. He doesn't appear to know right from wrong.

As for it not going to court - he is fortunate to be getting away with a junior fine.

This.his sole intention was to upset a child.there is no way anyone can defend that.and as for the comment on the way the mother of the baby looked since when has it been a crime for a woman to look good.

I AM SO P*&*&D OFF WITH THIS VICTIM CULTURE !!!

If you do the crime you should do the time. It doesn't matter if you're sober, drunk , on drugs or mental ,

people with a mental health issue should be treated, but If you are so ill you don't know right from wrong you should be in a padded cell anyway .

That is ok but do you think that locking someone in prison for from months to years would stop him from doing it again when he gets out bad people are bad people punish them yes buy if you want to stop them doing it again you need to find out why they do these things as we do not live in an Arab country chopping of there head or arms is not an option.

That is ok but do you think that locking someone in prison for from months to years would stop him from doing it again when he gets out bad people are bad people punish them yes buy if you want to stop them doing it again you need to find out why they do these things as we do not live in an Arab country chopping of there head or arms is not an option.

Lock them up for so long we never have to suffer them again!

that I don't condone why when there no need the judge made his decision that's the end of the matter.but what do I know someone else can be in court for assaulting him next never ending circle waiting to happen

Your entitled to your opinion :yes:

My reply was a little tongue in cheek, granted! But I do believe without a true deterrent, the circle will be never ending also :hmm:

Don't you think that if he hd been found guilty of "Punching" the infant he would have received a little bit more than the fine that the judge (and by the way, a hell of of allot more informed than anyone on here) had given him.

Put your piano wire back where it belongs and leave those who are in the know give out the sentences.

Edited by Dougy

Don't you think that if he hd been found guilty of "Punching" the infant he would have received a little bit more than the fine that the judge (and by the way, a hell of of allot more informed than anyone on here) had given him.

Put your piano wire back where it belongs and leave those who are in the know give out the sentences.

I'm not so sure about that, I know absolutely nothing about this case however I've seen people released after as little as three and a half years for murder.

I think that it is about time that this country decided what they want to do about these bad people do we lock them in prison or not if you say yes to this as I do then remember that it is going to cost us all a lot of money at the present time we let people out of prison when they have served only half of there sentence how can that ever be rite.

If we are going to punish these people that would mean building lots of new prisons training and employing lost more staff all of this when are hospitals need more doctors and nurses the police need lots more feet on the ground to catch all of the people using mobiles etc while driving.

Yet if the government was to try and put up taxes to pay for all of this to be done people there would be an outcry it seems to me that governments cannot win quite what the answer is I do not now but complaining and talking about it id getting us nowhere it seems that we are happy to spend millions on building nuclear subs and aircraft carriers but that is another story.

I think that it is about time that this country decided what they want to do about these bad people do we lock them in prison or not if you say yes to this as I do then remember that it is going to cost us all a lot of money at the present time we let people out of prison when they have served only half of there sentence how can that ever be rite.

If we are going to punish these people that would mean building lots of new prisons training and employing lost more staff all of this when are hospitals need more doctors and nurses the police need lots more feet on the ground to catch all of the people using mobiles etc while driving.

Yet if the government was to try and put up taxes to pay for all of this to be done people there would be an outcry it seems to me that governments cannot win quite what the answer is I do not now but complaining and talking about it id getting us nowhere it seems that we are happy to spend millions on building nuclear subs and aircraft carriers but that is another story.

The government cannot win because they do not enter the game.prisons like our hospitals and doctors have a large amount of foreign nationals enjoying their facilities. Now if as under eu rules our government was to claim the costs back from their country of origin taxes would not have to rise. And in the case of prisons maybe their country might find it cheaper to have them serve their sentence in their own prisons.which would be cheaper as facilities would not be of the hotel standard we have.

The government cannot win because they do not enter the game.prisons like our hospitals and doctors have a large amount of foreign nationals enjoying their facilities. Now if as under eu rules our government was to claim the costs back from their country of origin taxes would not have to rise. And in the case of prisons maybe their country might find it cheaper to have them serve their sentence in their own prisons.which would be cheaper as facilities would not be of the hotel standard we have.

I tend to agree with you on sending foreign nationals to there own country prisons the only problem with this is can they be trusted not to let them out early after all we only expect them to serve half of there sentence.

So you say he was 'not guilty' so why fine him at all?

Those in the 'know' should know that he obviously did something violent to an infant or there would have been no fine at all!!

Did he show his nipple or lift a trouser leg in his defence?

Edited by 955i