Brexit ! Big up turn in overseas buying

landyboy

Exchange rate for us is garbage but for everyone else is good .Best rate 1.45 euro to the pound nosedived to 1.01 now about 1.09 to the pound so europe can buy more. Good for u and me ,we make for J.LR and its all going abroadsville as the exchange rate is so low they get much more than a year ago

Historically Clakk, your rates aren't quite right.

Worst of the last five years has been ( end of 08 was the 1.02 saga) 1.10 with a high in mid 2015 of 1.44.

Even before the Referendum it was back down to 1.26, spiked to 1.31 on 'the night' before dropping.

In the last three months we have seen fluctuations from as low as 1.10 up to 1.19.

Last nights we touched briefly over the 1.18 mark

So, although the currrent levels are off the 'Highs' they are nothing new so what's driving the perceived surge in overseas orders? Maybe it's purely 'Supply and demand' and competitive pricing....

Edited by Jaymo

There is a bloke local to me who has a yard full of Landrovers; he travels the country sourcing then buying them for export to the USA. A local mechanic works on each one, even the none runners, to build them up to a certain spec' before they are exported.

However, this isn't a recent trend as he's been doing it for years.

There is a bloke local to me who has a yard full of Landrovers; he travels the country sourcing then buying them for export to the USA. A local mechanic works on each one, even the none runners, to build them up to a certain spec' before they are exported.

So that is where all the old ones are going to.

Bloke in Coventry was doing this 50 years ago with Jaguars,he tried to buy mine.

Apparently exporting them to Australia of all places..?.

Over the last two weeks I have sold landrover parts to Finland Germany Portugal USA New Zealand and Japan ! Usually sell around 3 parts a month abroad ! Seems to be new trend ?

Are JLR producing the parts in the UK?

While your exports might be up, you might get a hike in your costs as the raw materials / imported nits will be up also.

Net / Net though, you should be quids in as the increase in the rate of sales should be greater than the increase in the cost of the underlying parts.

September in that spanish Mecca Benidorm saw the exchange rate go 1.23 down to 1.08 back to 1.17 in 3 weeks as the money men tried to use brexit as a rip off excuse,now that rich bint won her court case and M.P,s can debate<attempt to wreck>brexit its up to 1.18 again.Fancy a Hedgefund manager,s wife wanting full EU access for him indoors ??

And yes J.LR make their parts in the uk ,we do doors and interior parts and various looms and electrical bits that go in our dash assemblies are uk supplied.They have plants in China but the Chinese want made in England on their Range Rover not Shanghai