English bull terrier

Me matt

They are still a popular breed, massive in Europe. One of the countries top breeders lives in Southend, shows his dogs all over the world. Always been one or two at a time in my family. I am on my second one, not great gun dogs I admit 😬 But they are great for companionship and security. My dogs getting on a bit and I'm thinking of getting another.

Edited by Me matt

Is this the ones that look a bit like pigs usually white in colour if that is the ones I you do not see many of them about always wanted one but we always have little dogs JRs mostly but if I did ever get a bigger one it could well be one of them.

Lol yeah that's the one.

My first was a big lad- 27kikos 😳 After he died I bought a miniature Bull Terrier, although he's still a lump.

The bow to the nose and piggy eyes varies depending on the breed line. Originally they all looked like that, strong nose for turfing out rats and recessed eyes to reduce damage while ratting.

I am on my 2nd one. She is still a youngster, but will be my deer tracking dog. She is getting used to the hill now, and is ready to start tracking fallen deer soon, possibly in the new year. She is a family pet first, but is keen and knows what deer are, and has a good nose on her, so she will be fine i am sure

I am on my 2nd one. She is still a youngster, but will be my deer tracking dog. She is getting used to the hill now, and is ready to start tracking fallen deer soon, possibly in the new year. She is a family pet first, but is keen and knows what deer are, and has a good nose on her, so she will be fine i am sure

Interesting 👍 Where did you get her from? Had the parents had any history of working deer?

She was a rescue pup, hand reared. Her mum was possibly a breeding dog, and we recently traced her dad in Aberdeen. She was bought as a family pet, but took so much interest in the deer i took home that we thought we should try her on some artificial trails, and she did very well. A local dog trainer has helped and she is really getting the idea. I have heard of a couple of folks using them over the years, and they have a good nose on them.

The only problem we have currently is she is super excited, and just needs to chill a little, she is still a pup really. During the stags we could not take her out, as stags are just too expensive to scare off with a daft dog. We had a decent season and did not need to track any stags. Our plan is to take a decent number of hinds and does, and then take her out, so if she messes up it wont be a disaster. I shoot with a pal, as our ground is remote, and really high and rough. She will sit with me, when i am not shooting but wont sit with my pal when i shoot. She will sit for a few minutes and race up to me, or thrash about on the lead. Early days, she is a big pup still, but will soon chill, and we will work her more into the new year. These super hard frosts are also not ideal, she will sit and shiver - kind of like me.

We dont know of any working history in her family, so probably none, but she will work out fine.

She was a rescue pup, hand reared. Her mum was possibly a breeding dog, and we recently traced her dad in Aberdeen. She was bought as a family pet, but took so much interest in the deer i took home that we thought we should try her on some artificial trails, and she did very well. A local dog trainer has helped and she is really getting the idea. I have heard of a couple of folks using them over the years, and they have a good nose on them.

The only problem we have currently is she is super excited, and just needs to chill a little, she is still a pup really. During the stags we could not take her out, as stags are just too expensive to scare off with a daft dog. We had a decent season and did not need to track any stags. Our plan is to take a decent number of hinds and does, and then take her out, so if she messes up it wont be a disaster. I shoot with a pal, as our ground is remote, and really high and rough. She will sit with me, when i am not shooting but wont sit with my pal when i shoot. She will sit for a few minutes and race up to me, or thrash about on the lead. Early days, she is a big pup still, but will soon chill, and we will work her more into the new year. These super hard frosts are also not ideal, she will sit and shiver - kind of like me.

We dont know of any working history in her family, so probably none, but she will work out fine.

Sounds like your putting her through her paces and that she now has a great quality of life, good on you 👍 Keep us updated would you?

will do, i would put on a couple of pictures - if i could work out how to!

That would be great, would like to see her. Yes- I can't upload a picture of my first dog - Oscar as it says it's too large 🙄 But let me upload the one of Freddie 🤔 On my phone now so will try the laptop tomorrow.

As a breed I've always found them to have a little spirit just when you don't need it lol but their character always out weighs those moments.