CAN ANY ONE HELD I.D THIS OLD AIR RIFLE

upandatem

It is not a BSA Air Rifle (Improved model D) 1908-1914

it is a BSA Standard Air Rifle from the 1920's. It looks like a .22 Standard(No2 Bore), which should be around 45.5" in length, and have an S prefix to the serial number on the trigger block. I see it has the three hole trigger block ( meaning that it has the fully adjustable trigger pull-which dates the gun after mid 1921), so your gun will date sometime between 1921 and 1933 when they changed the style of the stock with a more angular pistol grip, and the letters BSA impressed into the checkering panels in the stock. Originally model details were photo etched into the upper surface of the compression cylinder, however this often wears off over the years, so most guns encountered now dont have any model details showing. Your gun should have the letters LOAD by the loading tap. If your gun had an L or CS prefix to the serial number , it would be in .177 calibre (No1 Bore)

Massively more details about ypour gun can be found here

http://www.network54.com/Index/105071

Was just going to say it's a Standard but Taximan beat me to it!!

I've two Standards and two Model D's, The Standards are push button lever release, Mod D is known as the Bayonet type lever (More like the handle of a spoon!! :yes: )

Top two are Standards, Bottom two are Mod D's..jDy3sdM.jpg

John :)

• 2 years later...

I have a .177 Air Rifle  it's stamped the following:  TRADE MARK. "Champion". BEST QJARITY. 1ANIFACTUFEDEY. SIMAYACO. OSAKA. JAPAN.  S/N 1327 and stamped on the top of the barrel "AIR (RIFLE) Cal 4.5 mm  The Best Qjarity and 1Anifactufedey are how they are stamped and lettered on the gun Any help with the year and other information would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

1 hour ago, kevin Exton said:

I have a .177 Air Rifle  it's stamped the following:  TRADE MARK. "Champion". BEST QJARITY. 1ANIFACTUFEDEY. SIMAYACO. OSAKA. JAPAN.  S/N 1327 and stamped on the top of the barrel "AIR (RIFLE) Cal 4.5 mm  The Best Qjarity and 1Anifactufedey are how they are stamped and lettered on the gun Any help with the year and other information would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

hello, sounds interesting put up a photo kevin, cheers