Clay shooting - cumbria

robmiller

Penrith & District at Bowscar just off Jn 41 of the M6 does mostly DTL with a few Sporting and ABT shoots

I've also hear tha Carlisle and District GC either are or very nearly ready to re open with a sporting ground at Greystoke just to the west of Penrith.

Is westlands at Annan still going?

Edited by Paul1440

I did hear Greystoke was closing. Bowscar sporting layout is very limited, comprising of around three stands last time i was there; they're mostly geared up for DTL or ABT.

Burneside is also closing but the best of all by a long way is Crabtree. Very good sporting layout plus DTL and flushes etc etc.

I did hear Greystoke was closing. Bowscar sporting layout is very limited, comprising of around three stands last time i was there; they're mostly geared up for DTL or ABT.

Burneside is also closing but the best of all by a long way is Crabtree. Very good sporting layout plus DTL and flushes etc etc.

Crabtree is not the place that it was. Targets have been made too easy now that just Jonty is setting them up, Bill put a good layout on when Jonty was on holiday.

It's funny really, when Jonty set them up a couple of years ago they were much more difficult, DTL has gone, not enough people using it, it's a sport trap layout now.

Tea and coffee is still free though. :whistling:

Edited by BlaserF3

Westlands at Annan is a very good ground with decent targets. I had one no bird out of one hundred clays, the whole ground has been revamped recently. I have not tried Greystoke near Penrith so I know nowt about it.

I was there on Sunday for me birthday there was four of us shooting a great days shoot .lovely ground .well laid out stands.if i was to go again i would go mid week the clays are 5p cheaper and on the Sunday there was a comp on .but you could still shoot other stands .all the staff were very helpfull .