F 1 Outcome ??

ditchman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to both of them, nice to see Lewis proving hes just not a race winner but a thinker.Might of paid off if Vestapens tyres stayed strong.Rosberg could of gone for it and taken both of them out but thankfully played it fair and square.Both need to watch themselves next season though,looks like Vestapens the full package.But good on Hamiliton for making it an intetesting few laps to the end.Could of gone for just the win and i would of switched it off half way through.

Rosberg is Mr Consistent. Only once has he not been on the front row in the last season and a half - and then because of a penalty due to a gear box change. When it comes to the racing? racks up the wins, gets the title to a point where he just needs to mark Hamilton and did the business. Consummate professional sportsman. Deserved champ

A great race and a great result for Nico. Had me on the edge of my seat for the last few laps. Apparently he has started every race this season on the front row of the grid and has now won the title 34 years aftr his dad Keke won his title. The same happened to Damon Hill in 1996? Front row of the grid in every race and won it 34 years after his dad Graham did.

I have always liked Rosberg, doesn't have raw qualifying speed like the very best but is a mustard all rounder nonetheless, he had fastest race lap on his debut in a Williams which wasn't a fast car.

F1 works on points and he outpointed everyone, it takes a world class driver to keep it together essentially racing for second race after race and the closing stages of this was no exception, lesser men would have dropped the ball under that much pressure. But then lesser men don't often find themselves in that situation to begin with, Eddie Irvine did and bottled it.

Jenson Button said that any driver on the grid could have won the championship in that car driving at 80%..There have been other years when a team was dominant but the drivers had to still had to be at 100%. The only distinction between the 2 that had the opportunity was that 1 had a breakdown while leading.

Lewis still won today as on many occations this year with having effectivly the handbrake on.. how can that be good?

Edited by Paul1440

I have always liked Rosberg, doesn't have raw qualifying speed like the very best but is a mustard all rounder nonetheless, he had fastest race lap on his debut in a Williams which wasn't a fast car.

F1 works on points and he outpointed everyone, it takes a world class driver to keep it together essentially racing for second race after race and the closing stages of this was no exception, lesser men would have dropped the ball under that much pressure. But then lesser men don't often find themselves in that situation to begin with, Eddie Irvine did and bottled it.

Well said.....

Nico deserved this,

I suppose we would have all done what Hamilton did under the same circumstances but I hope he gets a good ********** from the team,

All the team want is a 1-2, they are not bothered who wins as long as it's a 1-2, Hamilton put that at risk today, he thinks he is bigger than the team, he isn't,

Roll on next year, although it will a sadder place without Jenson :no:

:shaun:

Jenson Button said that any driver on the grid could have won the championship in that car driving at 80%..There have been other years when a team was dominant but the drivers had to still had to be at 100%. The only distinction between the 2 that had the opportunity was that 1 had a breakdown while leading.

Lewis still won today as on many occations this year with having effectivly the handbrake on.. how can that be good?

A very odd comment to make seeing as he won his title in a car that was absolutely uncatchable. Even more odd seeing as he's been around long enough to know that's how F1 works :hmm: , some years (if not the majority) one car has the legs on the rest so the battle is essentially between their 2 drivers and whether the Team Principal isn't so obtuse as to deny the team both titles with mishandling/mismanagement aka Ron Dennis in 2007.

A very odd comment to make seeing as he won his title in a car that was absolutely uncatchable. Even more odd seeing as he's been around long enough to know that's how F1 works :hmm: , some years (if not the majority) one car has the legs on the rest so the battle is essentially between their 2 drivers and whether the Team Principal isn't so obtuse as to deny the team both titles with mishandling/mismanagement aka Ron Dennis in 2007.

The Brawn was only uncatchable for half a season, some of the other teams soon caught up, mainly Adrian Newey at Red Bull,

However, for the last three years the championship has only been between 2 drivers, not for the first time it has to be said,

But it was different in the Schumacher years as his team mate was not allowed to race him

I would love to have seen a Current Mercedes engine in the Red Bull, but Merc wasn't that daft,

Chassis wise the Red Bull has been the best by far, let down by a very poor engine, this season it has been better but still not there.

Hopefully next year with the rule changes it may be closer because that Tag/Renault engine is getting better all the time,

Alas I can't see the Honda getting there for a few years yet and Ferrari just seem lost strategy wise,

The Brawn was only uncatchable for half a season, some of the other teams soon caught up, mainly Adrian Newey at Red Bull,

However, for the last three years the championship has only been between 2 drivers, not for the first time it has to be said,

True, Button won the first 7 races though if I remember correctly, pretty much unassailable after that plus he had the advantage of having a slower team mate so could still rely on scoring useful points for the remainder of the season.

Yep. Agree entirely. A really nice bloke. I believe he could have been one of the greats in the right car, but then I suppose that could be said for most of them.

Sorry for repeat posts but I enjoy F1 talk.

Actually a rather easy way of spotting the (un)greats is when they find themselves in the rights car :yes: - Coulthard is happy to call himself out as lacking in ultimate pace when he was in title winning cars on more than one occasion, Barichello was at least twice in such cars, Honda/Ferrari, Irvine proved beyond doubt there was such a thing as a consistently slower and thus no. 2 driver, as much as we liked him Webber could/should have won at least once but didn't and we now know his nemesis Vettell wasn't even all that, Villenuve was really almost second rate even though he scraped a win in the best car on the grid, Berger and Alesi jumped into title winning Benetton when Schumacher switched to Ferrari but couldn't drive it (or alter it to suit) to save their lives, Massa, good cars but defo journeyman, Fisichella got totally destroyed too when Alonso won titles.

I too enjoy F1 talk :)

As said on an earlier post I really hope the Tag Renault engine comes good as after being a devout Jenson fan throughout his career I need a new driver to follow :)

Ricciardo will be my driver of choice, enjoys his racing and knows how to have a laugh, so come on Tag Renault, give him an engine that allows him to challenge for the title, I know that would mean that Verstappen would get the same engine but feel that Ricciardo will have that slightest of edges.....Roll on next year :good:

I too enjoy F1 talk :)

As said on an earlier post I really hope the Tag Renault engine comes good as after being a devout Jenson fan throughout his career I need a new driver to follow :)

Ricciardo will be my driver of choice, enjoys his racing and knows how to have a laugh, so come on Tag Renault, give him an engine that allows him to challenge for the title, I know that would mean that Verstappen would get the same engine but feel that Ricciardo will have that slightest of edges.....Roll on next year :good:

Same here, I'm a fan of Verstappen but feel that his attacking style makes commentators talk through rose tinted spectacles a touch too much and they tend to look over times when he comes up short. Daniel is the real deal I feel and he finished in third ahead of wonder boy :) but then he'd already proved his class by thrashing Vettel. I'd place him in the top 4 drivers of the current era.

I'd place him in the top 4 drivers of the current era.

Who would be your top 4?

I'm a button fan so would always have him in as a fixture so it would be top 5,

In no particular order

Ricciardo

Hamilton (still don't like him)

Rosberg

Alonso

Verstappen isn't quite there yet but will be very soon

Still too impetuous and unpredictable

Who would be your top 4?

In no particular order

Ricciardo

Rosberg

Alonso

Sorry but Button wasn't an out and out racer.

I would rate only three

Hamilton

Alonso

Ricciardo

Also there was that thread on here detailing the effort that Hamilton put into entertaining that you lad who had a brain tumour. I felt that said a lot about him.

Who would be your top 4?

In no particular order

Ricciardo

Rosberg

Alonso

Being a stats kind of guy would certainly agree with

Hamilton

Alonso

Ricciardo

but as much as I really really rate Rosberg I don't think he has the qualifying speed to live with the other three. I am also reluctant to include Vettel based on the fact he has been shown up by more than one other team mate. I feel Verstappen is the safer bet as a future multiple champion and he's already shown flashes of brilliance.

I dont follow FI anymore, Have just refreshed my memory of the track flag system.

the slow car is shown a blue, and must move over and allow himself to be overtaken, or face serious penalties.

Not strictly true,

It is waved at cars that are being lapped,

If you pit for tyres and come out behind a "slower" car and it's for position then you have to actually overtake it,

If you come across a car you are about to lap then they have to let you pass,

Hamilton had the right to slow everyone down without having blue flags waved at him