what are you doing for christmas

islandgun

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christmas day we are reasonably easy with just a few to dinner and the odd one may pop in but Boxing day we have 14 and 4 dogs. My spaniel , daughters two dogs and a young puppy of one of the other daughters. No problems usually but it might get a bit hectic and unpleasant for the dogs but we take them out for a long long run in the afternoon across the fields and orchards. We have been out for Christmas dinner before but found it a bit impersonal and basic. Dinner >> pull a cracker then clear off at about three for £75 a head. Dinner was ok but just more like a Sunday roast with paper chains and tinsel.

God Scully, i thought you wernt being serious about the split.I sincerely hope you get sorted and kick off 2017 on a opening a new chapter,keep your chin up.

ATB

Dave

It's serious Davyo unfortunately. well, I say unfortunately but it's been on the cards for a long long time. I don't think OH has ever been happy in her situation and gave up many years ago trying to make it so when it slowly started to dawn on me that it perhaps isn't me...it's her.

Anyhow, I'm going now and guess what.....she still isn't happy! Go figure.

Thanks for the sentiment . 👍

Edited by Scully

It's serious Davyo unfortunately. well, I say unfortunately but it's been on the cards for a long long time. I don't think OH has ever been happy in her situation and gave up many years ago trying to make it so when it slowly started to dawn on me that it perhaps isn't me...it's her.

Anyhow, I'm going now and guess what.....she still isn't happy! Go figure.

Thanks for the sentiment .

That is always sad to hear but at least you won't have to sneak any more new toys in under the radar.

Absolutely nothing!

Gave it up 24 years ago and have never looked back.

No cards, no presents, no annoying visitors and no hole in the bank account either.

Everyone should follow our lead.

same here...... :good::good: ...and no worries...no turkey.....just 3 types of stuffing loads of vedge...roast pots....and bubble an squeak for 3 days after........and fire up the chimney..

same here...... :good::good: ...and no worries...no turkey.....just 3 types of stuffing loads of vedge...roast pots....and bubble an squeak for 3 days after........and fire up the chimney..

You gone veggie ditch :unhappy: Thankfully .ive never been in your situation scully but hope it works out for the best. Surprised how many dont have any stress at Christmas :lol:. I will be cooking for several I expect, might even eat one of the hens above along with some more gamey stuff ;)

You gone veggie ditch :unhappy: Thankfully .ive never been in your situation scully but hope it works out for the best. Surprised how many dont have any stress at Christmas :lol:. I will be cooking for several I expect, might even eat one of the hens above along with some more gamey stuff ;)

2 stuffings are wuth pork mince...sauge meat......and i will do a morrocan style stuffing with lamb mince and rice and dried fruit etc and an ordinary stuffing........