Nikko Shadow Trap 12 gauge

Gun Watch

Nikko Shadow Trap

£325

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Driffield, East Riding of Yorkshire
Over and Under, 1/2 Choke, 3/4 Choke, 30" barrels
Img_20161128_130408_zpsymadhbua Img_20161128_130402_zpste7va9vk Img_20161128_130436_zpsmdwlw4hq

Description

I've got my old Nikko Shadow up for sale, I'll be putting some pictures up later this afternoon, only for sale due to it being replaced by a 692 soon.

If you have never seen one of these guns before they are gorgeous, the wide alloy top rib looks like nothing else, it has brass vents inlaid in to the forestock, it really is a pretty gun, in the world of now cheap "oddball" shotguns it does stand out. Very strong action, simple to take down it's hard to fault really.

It is a trap gun but most of my shooting has been sporting the barrel length is a smidge under 30" (29.72") chokes are 1/2 and 3/4 although they are fairly loose measured with a choke gauge so somewhere between 1/4 and half and half and 3/4, regardless it breaks clays well! Shoots well and doesn't feel dead at all, nice lively gun albeit not a lightweight due to the nature of clay shooting. 2 and 3/4" cartridges Nitro proof and proofed to the standard 3 1/4 tons.

We took it out for a round of sporting on Saturday and I reminded myself why I like it so much!

Condition of woodwork is I'd say 8 out of 10, some small marks in the finish but they are small, it's well presented and looks lovely, metalwork is much the same I'd say, very smart but not brand new (it is circa 30 years old). The bores however are a full 10 out of 10, they are pristine, it's hard to explain just how good they are, you can also see the nice long forcing cones very well which is why it's obviously soft on the shoulder and shoots well.

All in all it's a lovely gun I will be sad to see go, if it doesn't sell I won't lose any sleep but it deserves a new home where it will get used more.

£325 or will consider swaps with the following (cash either way)

Beretta O/U as first gun for GF who has just got licence, open minded but thinking something like a 56/58 up through 680/2/6 models.

Beretta 390/391.

Lee enfield .410 .

Martini Henry/Greener 12B.

Savage/Marlin goose gun/bolt action etc.

9mm Garden gun.

.410 3" chambers bolt action or SBS/OU.

Cheap Pump 12B.

Snazzy table cloth not included!

The seller of this gun doesn't appear to be a Pigeon Watch member, to contact them please use the details on Gun Watch.