Nice day out.

crowcaller

Sunny and cold so decided to go and see if the dogs and myself could get a pheasant Or 2 , the first walk we flushed a cock bird that flew behind a oak Tree still leave on so not a safe shot as a house is the other side of the tree so off he flew. We then went to another farm that has a lot of rough on it going up the farm track seen a couple of pheasants on a grubbed up stubbleWalked them and one run in to a carrot field so walked it up and it got up a long range shot dropped it in a big patch of bracken pick.ed it and walked the rough scrub bracken and birch trees the dogs worked very hard as the frost has not flattened it yet, we flushed the first woodcock as on as we got in the rough shot it and picked it, after a good bit of work the dogs put up another bird shot that as well but it was very hard for the dogs to find as we looked another bird got up and was shot so 4 shots a pheasant anD 3 woodcocks.all picked so a happy shooter and 2 tired but happy dogs.as I was leaving the farm I counted 19 wild pheasants on the fields so still some sport to come also only walked a small piece of the rough so more woodcock as well.